Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) location

excel777

Hasn't posted much yet...
Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) located on a genesis 3.8 V6. I've searched for hours and cannot locate it. I have the manual, and it mentions it, but shows no location. I've gone through it page by page, which has taken hours and still i'm in the dark. The internet has not been any help and Youtube is a joke. Getting ready to take my Genny into the dealer and pay the $200 asked.

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
this is the location on the 4.6, it looks like it's the sensor on the bellhousing.

Untitled6.jpg

I also found that the 4 cylinder geneis coupes have it on the bellhousing as well. I would check the bellhousing first, if you cant find it there then look around the front or sides of the engine, it obviously has to be able to see the crankshaft so it should be somewhere near it.

excel777

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thank you and all the others who attempted to help me locate the crankshaft sensor. I located it this morning and took a picture, best that I could. It was located on drivers side, on transmission bell housing, high up, almost under the oil filter, but 4 inches down. Very hard to see from the top, but the the top is the only way to remove it. I attached a picture in hopes that it will help someone. As luck would have it. the new part was defective and threw a P0335 code and the ESC dash lite came on. Error Code P0335 is described as Crankshaft Position Sensor “A” Circuit Malfunction. This means the vehicle's ECM (Electronic Control Module) has not yet detected the crankshaft position sensor during the first second of cranking of the engine. Engine cranked for 15 to 20 seconds before starting. Screwed around for several hours and couldn't make corrections. I cleaned up the old sensor and installed it and all codes went away. I haven't road driven the car yet, so I'll see then.

Attachments

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.