• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Creaking/squeaking

SVonhof

Registered Member
Central Vally, Ca
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I noticed that on my 2015 Coupe, when going over bumps or uneven terrain that would cause a twisting motion to the frame, we would hear a creaking sound coming from around the passenger footwell area. Took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it and realized it was a warranty issue.
I was told that because they have 3 platinum level service tech's they have a pretty good relationship with the DSR's (dealer service reps?) and so they were able to get a special crimping and rivet tool. They took the hood and fenders off and drove it around and outside the dealer property with "chassis ears" to find the exact location of the issue. They found the two places causing the issue and were able to crimp and rivet near the A pillar with no issues and no need for it to go to the body shop. They re-tested and found no noise. Waited until later in the day and re-tested with no issues.
He also said that the first gen body had bad welds and it was a bigger fix on those, but Hyundai did a better job on the BK2 bodies and when it is an issue, it is typically 2 or 3 places they need to do this.

Just an FYI that some cars have this issue and the BK1 cars have it worse than the BK2 cars.

Mine is fixed with no issues so far.

SVonhof

Registered Member
Central Vally, Ca
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
FYI, they didn't just crimp, they used a rivet.
After about a month, the rivet broke and was noisier than it was originally (it would make noise with simple acceleration).

Took it back to the dealer and they had it almost 3 weeks and ended up having the body shop weld it, add adhesive and then paint the area. Have it back and so far so good. Will see if it holds.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums