• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Credit card size key fob

RJL24

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I was able to get a credit card key fob from Chris at Danbury Genesis for my 2019 G80.

I love this brand.
The car is great

The customer service is better.

speedyme

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Good news. The Genesis Accessries website does not show the Key Card for the 2019s yet. Was the Dealer able to cut the physical key insert to work on your car?

RJL24

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Good news. The Genesis Accessries website does not show the Key Card for the 2019s yet. Was the Dealer able to cut the physical key insert to work on your car?
The key is not cut it's actually an electronic key fob.

I have in my possession works with my 2019, G80.

if you are within a hundred miles of the Danbury area I suggest you contact the Danbury service department and speak with Chris Gallo.

That's all I got, and I know my credit card key fob works

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My CC key fob did not come with a key and the dealer could not cut one. We had to order it from Genesis specifically pre-cut for my car. (I think it was $75.00 and I don't think I will ever use it.) I could have gotten a blank metal key for $5.00 from the dealer I ordered my card from.) If you purchase the CC keyfob from the dealer they will most likely get it with the key cut for your car. The dealer was able to program my CC Keyfob though.

RJL24

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My CC key fob did not come with a key and the dealer could not cut one. We had to order it from Genesis specifically pre-cut for my car. (I think it was $75.00 and I don't think I will ever use it.) I could have gotten a blank metal key for $5.00 from the dealer I ordered my card from.) If you purchase the CC keyfob from the dealer they will most likely get it with the key cut for your car. The dealer was able to program my CC Keyfob though.
Double checked my credit card key fob and yes in fact it has a cut key inside it.

As mentioned that CC key fob comes from Danbury Genesis and Chris Gallo is my contact there.

You can Google r dealership, or email him at

CGALLO@danburyauto.com

Attachments

Don88

My G80 Tune: ♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Double checked my credit card key fob and yes in fact it has a cut key inside it.

As mentioned that CC key fob comes from Danbury Genesis and Chris Gallo is my contact there.

You can Google r dealership, or email him at

CGALLO@danburyauto.com
Was going to ask What locks? But there it was on the Glove Box door; and it works!

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Was going to ask What locks? But there it was on the Glove Box door; and it works!
Also the trunk and front doors unlock. For the doors you have to take off the plastic cover to unlock them. It is tricky. For the trunk just look under were you push to open.

Don88

My G80 Tune: ♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Also the trunk and front doors unlock. For the doors you have to take off the plastic cover to unlock them. It is tricky. For the trunk just look under were you push to open.
Many thanks on the Trunk reminder; but "plastic cover" seems to be undetectable?? on front doors.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes it is tricky but I watched the guy at the dealership who ordered the key for me do it. He only did the drivers side but I imagine both sides are the same.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums