Cross-shopped w/ Nissan Maxima Platinum Reserve

lindros2

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey folks - before I get creamed, please read the whole post. There is G70 content, just need to set it up.
Long story short, I had a 3-year lease on a 2016 Maxima Platinum coming due.
So - in hindsight like a moron - I upgraded to the 2019 Platinum Reserve (limited edition, since they won't build or sell many).
Well, after driving the G70 today (both 2.0T AWD and 3.3T AWD), the only word I can use is "regret."
Genesis (Hyundai) has built a fabulous car. The Albert Biermann connection is very evident, from the steering (including the steering wheel) to the suspension to the seats, is excellent.
This is a really, really good car.
My only three complaints - why I didn't buy one - 1) it's small/tight in the back (including the trunk), 2) dealers aren't budging on price, and 3) I couldn't find a single one when I purchased my car.
But I sure as heck would recommend it going forward.

mike373

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey folks - before I get creamed, please read the whole post. There is G70 content, just need to set it up.
Long story short, I had a 3-year lease on a 2016 Maxima Platinum coming due.
So - in hindsight like a moron - I upgraded to the 2019 Platinum Reserve (limited edition, since they won't build or sell many).
Well, after driving the G70 today (both 2.0T AWD and 3.3T AWD), the only word I can use is "regret."
Genesis (Hyundai) has built a fabulous car. The Albert Biermann connection is very evident, from the steering (including the steering wheel) to the suspension to the seats, is excellent.
This is a really, really good car.
My only three complaints - why I didn't buy one - 1) it's small/tight in the back (including the trunk), 2) dealers aren't budging on price, and 3) I couldn't find a single one when I purchased my car.
But I sure as heck would recommend it going forward.
When I went to the dealer they wouldn’t budge on pricing at first. What helped me is an MB, BMW, and Audi dealer within 5 miles of them. It’s that type of car that makes you a believer as soon as you sit in it.

Dpaulc

Registered Member
I don't think that's "cross-shopping" if you already signed for the Nissan. Anyway, maybe when your current lease is up in 3 years, there will be a G70 available with your name on it.

lindros2

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't think that's "cross-shopping" if you already signed for the Nissan. Anyway, maybe when your current lease is up in 3 years, there will be a G70 available with your name on it.
I looked extensively at the G70 prior to buying the Max. They just didn’t have any to actually sell or test drive (as per the massive availability thread). If Genesis didn’t dick around with dealers (co-located vs stand-alone), and inventory, I’d be in one now.
The biggest surprise is the refinement of the 2.0T.

I also drove the Stinger but didn’t like it - some cheap parts inside.
Audi S5 was too expensive.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.