Cruise control issue

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was driving down the highway today and the cruise control would beep a few times, apply the brakes, take me down to 90kph and then take me back to 120kph where I had it set. After doing this a couple of times I turned off the cruise, turned it back on and I got this message. Sorry about the crappy pic.

I shut the vehicle off when I stopped for shopping and it did the same braking/slowing down to 90kph and then accelerating back to the set speed. I didn't hit that many bugs on the road today so I don't think that was the problem. I also tried changing the car space interval from the furthest away to the closest and it still malfunctioned. The only time my CRV has shut down the adaptive cruise control is when there is a build up of ice on the front sensor. Any ideas as to what could be the cause of this problem?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was driving down the highway today and the cruise control would beep a few times, apply the brakes, take me down to 90kph and then take me back to 120kph where I had it set. After doing this a couple of times I turned off the cruise, turned it back on and I got this message.
I assume there was nothing in front of you when it slowed you down. Could be a bad sensor or something as simple as a loose connection. Definitely not normal. Only time mine shuts down is snow or heavy rain when you should not be using CC anyway.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There was no traffic in front of me. I'm guessing you are probably right about the loose connection. I'll go poke around under the hood later.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Again, these are the sort of annoying little things that can show up on a new model. This sounds like it should be a relatively easy fix, once they find the source. A loose connection is certainly a possibility. It should get straightened out fairly easily.

Hopefully yours is an isolated incident and this won't be a recurring problem. More generally, small issues seem to be popping up here and there on the cars that have been delivered. These issues are typical on the first run of a new model. Hopefully, they're not commonplace but just show up infrequently. The headliner noise issue, which apparently appeared on the Korean-spec cars as well, is a bit more worrisome in that it's happened repeatedly and is potentially harder to resolve. But hopefully, they'll figure out the sources of these gremlins in short order and be able to fix them quickly and permanently.

Ojfox

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I got the same error message when trying to turn on cruise. I was on a highway with no traffic. It was dark out not sure if that was a factor.
I get this error message when I try to initiate the cruise control by flicking the switch up towards the "RES +". It seems to only initiate if pressed down towards the "SET -". After it's initiated, then the speed can be changed.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On page 5-123 in the owners manual it tells you how to switch from smart cruise control to regular cruise control. I will try that next time I'm out on the highway and see if it gives me any kind off error message or behaves erratically. I let my agent know yesterday and he said he would be making some inquiries on my behalf today. I went to the Genesis Canada website and reported the issue though their contact link.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I get this error message when I try to initiate the cruise control by flicking the switch up towards the "RES +". It seems to only initiate if pressed down towards the "SET -". After it's initiated, then the speed can be changed.
This. Flick down, folks!
For the message, I had the same thing a few times before I noticed I was trying to flick up and not down.

As for the cruise braking and then speeding back up, I haven't had that issue unless someone was in front of me. Hopefully something simple like a loose or dirty sensor.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Went for a 40km drive tonight with no issues. There was one connection behind the front sensor that seemed a little loose, maybe I fixed it, maybe not. Wait and see. I took these pics while I was driving.

NurburggreenG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes for sure. Must set first. One of the conditions needed to be met is the max speed being set. If u tap res first it no work

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.