Current Owners - How is seat comfort over longer drives (45 mins+)?

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The vibration, sure it's not the lane keep assist? I know maybe a silly question but I do find it to be rather chatty even at the lower setting.
No definitely not that. It’s not a vibration that I feel in the steering wheel, more of an overall roughness in the seat and chassis. Would expect it in a sports car with a tighter sprung suspension but thought that this car was geared towards luxury a little more.

I do have the 3.3 with leather but not Nappa and no adaptive suspension.

smorvay

Villa Rica, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First thing I did with my G70 was take it on an 1,800 mile trip (900 miles to destination and then a 900 mile return trip)

I found the seats to be extremely comfortable. Took a while to adjust them to a position I liked, but once there they were great.

heeltoehero

Sat in a 3.3 HTrac Advance today at Genesis of Danbury. It was a bit too tight in the thighs for me, and a bit tight overall. Also, my 5 foot wife could not sit comfortably behind me. Looks like I'll be looking for a CPO G80 Sport when my current lease is out.

Aminfla

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So funny experience, my 1.5 hour test drive was pleasant over 3 weeks ago and the seats were comfortable.
My Prestige was delivered yesterday and drove about 55km yesterday and a couple of hundred today. Could not get comfortable!
The seats felt harder than I remember. My wife's vehicle also has Nappa leather and hers has felt soft since day one.
Hopefully the seat overall will soften in a couple of days or so.
I'm coming from a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD and while that was was only an inch wider, the interior width of the G70 is about the same. However the lower portion of the seat is tighter and my knees can't be spread as wide as my TL. The thigh bolsters are narrower and a tad higher.
The upper part of the seat is the opposite. The back is wider and the bolsters don't hold you in as well. But I'm sure those with Sport trim don't have anything to worry about since you guys have bolsters that inflate in sport mode!
I commute 70km each way to work so hopefully the seats soften up soon!
Seats in my 2015 5.0 Sedan are pretty hard in the bottom.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sat in a 3.3 HTrac Advance today at Genesis of Danbury. It was a bit too tight in the thighs for me, and a bit tight overall. Also, my 5 foot wife could not sit comfortably behind me. Looks like I'll be looking for a CPO G80 Sport when my current lease is out.
I really like how the G80 Sport looks like. Definitely seems like a solid choice if you need the extra room!

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...this is what I did.

I went behind the passenger seat and got comfy. I am 6'1". Adjusted the front seat such that my knees cleared the front seat...and I was nice and comfy.

I then moved to the front passenger seat...NO issues. Legs stretched out...felt great.

Now...for a driver's perspective. I did the same. I got in the driver's seat. A bit tight from what I am used to. So I adjusted. Went behind myself...like the passenger seat...fine. But...driver position is a bit different compared to lounging in the passenger seat.

I adjusted the driver seat. The rear behind the driver was kinda bad. Knees hit the seat. BUT...if you do a spread eagle...not bad. I adjusted the seat up and down and sure...the toe room is an issue.

But here is the kicker folks. If you are going to have an large adult behind the driver for a short trip...you compromise. I went forward a bit...and raised a bit. Behind the driver was fine.

So...for long trips...if the driver can compromise...rear is fine. We are talking 6'1". Short run with folks in the back...sure...driver moves up 2" and goes up a bit...person behind is golden.

So all that said...the rear is fine. If you drive like you're in a sofa...screw it.

I think this car's rear room is fine...minor adjustments, etc.

If you want a fully roomy car...no adjusting here and there...get the G80.

50jae

PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What tires are you running and at what pressure?
Tire pressure definitely makes a difference in the comfort level of the G70. I was riding around for a month 3-4 psi under the recommended 36/39 psi and it felt cushy comfortable. After I increased about 4 psi for each tire, the difference was huge and I could feel every bump on the road, and this is with the 18' michelin mxm4 tires.

If folks here want a cushy ride with their G70 especially during winter, I'd recommend deflating their tires about 3 psi under the factory recommended pressures. I might deflate mine a tad because my car felt like a go kart after getting used to the lower psi. It probably killed my mpg however running with lower psi.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tire pressure definitely makes a difference in the comfort level of the G70. I was riding around for a month 3-4 psi under the recommended 36/39 psi and it felt cushy comfortable. After I increased about 4 psi for each tire, the difference was huge and I could feel every bump on the road, and this is with the 18' michelin mxm4 tires.

If folks here want a cushy ride with their G70 especially during winter, I'd recommend deflating their tires about 3 psi under the factory recommended pressures. I might deflate mine a tad because my car felt like a go kart after getting used to the lower psi. It probably killed my mpg however running with lower psi.
The dealership inflated mine to 35psi. Very comfortable ride. Been contemplating to increase to 38psi but don't want to sacrifice how comfortable it is now!

Electrode

Registered Member
Southeastern PA, US
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

The door jam tire pressure sticker may be showing maximum load pressures. I would check the manual for proper inflation based on how many passengers, summer, winter etc. I know my Audi manual is different from my sticker.

50jae

PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The dealership inflated mine to 35psi. Very comfortable ride. Been contemplating to increase to 38psi but don't want to sacrifice how comfortable it is now!
Yes, I'd lean towards ~2-3 psi below recommended for the winter with all the potholes around my area.

The door jam tire pressure sticker may be showing maximum load pressures. I would check the manual for proper inflation based on how many passengers, summer, winter etc. I know my Audi manual is different from my sticker.
It's also recommended 36/39 in the owner's manual, I was checking earlier during my state car inspection today.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.