Dash Cam?

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I'm in the process of installing this one now. I've got the cameras wired up and for now it's being powered off of the front cigarette lighter. I got the fuse adapter to have it running all the time, I just need to figure out which fuse to hook it up to and then run the wire.

This is the diagram I've been looking at. If anyone knows which one of these is "always on" that could save me some time and I could probably get it hooked up this week.

EDIT: Here is the fuse adapter I got.

Last edited:

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
When I turn my car off the cigarette lighters don't give power. Neither does the USB port. I tried to hook the fuse adapter update to the fuel door opener fuse and then the front left door accessory fuse and neither seemed to work, even when the car is on. Tried finding some tutorials but the few that I watched weren't really any help.

Any idea which fuse I should use?

Itronics ITB-100HD Car Camera / Black Box Installation

I still own this cam, and it still works like a charm. I will be replacing it with a newer model when I pick up a G70 (sometime in the next year.) I used trial and error to find my cigarette lighter fuse, and well... the instructions will show you.

Good luck!

[edit: awww the pics are gone :( sorry]

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
The shop I was at yesterday tried to hardwire my dashcam in to a few different fuses but didn't have any luck. We think the wire or resister module on the wire got fried or was faulty. I'm going to order a new cable and then when I bring it back in June for some paint and body work have them try with the new one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.