Dash Camera and Window Sensors

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I recently installed a Roav C1 Pro wedge-style dash camera in my 2019 G80 and immediately ran into issues with a partially blocked video due to the gigantic mass of sensors on the windshield. I opted to mount the camera just to the right of the sensor stack as high as possible, because (1) I didn't want the camera to the left as it would be in my view, (2) I didn't want it below the sensor stack because it would be in the way of the sensor on the back of the rear view mirror, and (3) I wanted it as high as possible for the best possible view ahead.

Has anyone else put a dash camera in their G80 with all the sensors on the windshield? If so, do you also get a partially obstructed video? Any suggestions on mounting a wedge-style camera? Would a different style, such as a tube-style like the Blackvue DR750 or a box-style like the Thinkware F800 Pro, be better?

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Interesting. So, the sensor stack doesn’t impede the camera’s view of the right side of the road or cross traffic from the right? I need to check the lens angle of your camera vs. the C1 Pro. I wonder if mine has a wider lens and, therefore, an easier view to block.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The C1 Pro has a lens angle of 145°, and the A119 that you appear to have ranges from 130° to 160°, depending on the version. I wonder if there is enough difference in the angles to matter or if the lens is further from the windshield with the way the C1 Pro mounts. All I know is that the left edge of the video was nothing but black sensor housing and so visibility to the left was poor.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
and the A119 that you appear to have ranges from 130° to 160°
My system is the Street Guardian model: SG9663DC:
SG9663DC Dash Cam Drive Recorder | Street Guardian
https://streetguardian.info/product/sg9663dc

A$488.00 to A$748.00 - ‎In stock
The SG9663DC is a Dual Channel (2 cameras) FULL HD 1080P (both ... Lens: 7 Element, Metal chassis, Glass lens, IR cut, 127° viewing angle; CMOS sensor:
Our cameras have a very similar shape. I can't determine what the cause of your view being blocked on the right side from the center stack.
Please provide pictures of the unit mounted, including a side profile from both sides.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have already taken the camera down as it was unusable. However, it looks like your particular camera has a lens angle of 127º, so I have to believe the angle has something to do with it. I'll keep searching for the right solution.

Thanks.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have already taken the camera down as it was unusable. However, it looks like your particular camera has a lens angle of 127º, so I have to believe the angle has something to do with it. I'll keep searching for the right solution.

Thanks.
Easy fix. Just have your wife hold it out the window. Have her lean forward for best view.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.