Dash hard to clean

TNVol

East Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a prestige with black interior. The leather dash up top is hard to wipe, if I do not wet a microfiber cloth it leaves a mark, same if you use your finger to knock dust off. Like the leather is maybe a little rough and grabs when wiped on. Kind of hard to explain, Anyone else experience this?

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a prestige with black interior. The leather dash up top is hard to wipe, if I do not wet a microfiber cloth it leaves a mark, same if you use your finger to knock dust off. Like the leather is maybe a little rough and grabs when wiped on. Kind of hard to explain, Anyone else experience this?
Maybe there's residue on your dash, or it was very humid? You can wash the dash with a water-damp microfiber to see if that helps.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was thinking the same thing, residue from Armour all or something like that. Try mild dishsoap and water to clean it. Thats generally what I do for general cleaning of the interior before applying anything. Seems to work well.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the same topic of "dash hard to clean", anyone had to clean the heads up display? I want to put down a good coat of Aerospace 303 on the dash right to the glass but am worrying slightly about the heads up display, along with the PITA of cleaning the glass where it meets the dash.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just applied some protectant on mine last night, put some on the HUD (along with the rest of the dash, minus the leather portions) and buffed it using a clean dry microfiber cloth. Looks (the HUD window) very shiny and clear right now.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use Meguiars Ultimate Interior Detailer for the dash. Apply with pad and buff with a microfiber towel then I clean the HUD window with an ammonia free glass cleaner using another microfiber towel.