• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Dash Rattle

RossBrum

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello all.

I bought my new g70 less than a month ago, and now I’ve noticed that my dash starts to rattle around 30 mph. So far I’ve found that it can be temporarily stopped by slightly pulling the infotainment screen forwards, or by pressing up on the bottom of the dash that covers the phone charger area. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

littlebuddha

Registered Member
I had the same issue centered around the infotainment screen. The issue seems to be gone now but now sure if it will be back once the temperature cools down. I do have an annoying rattle sound from the drivers side door/window area - which is very noticeable in higher rpms or on bumps. Started right after 1k!

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had the same issue centered around the infotainment screen. The issue seems to be gone now but now sure if it will be back once the temperature cools down. I do have an annoying rattle sound from the drivers side door/window area - which is very noticeable in higher rpms or on bumps. Started right after 1k!
I have that door/window rattle too! Annoying. I cant trace it. Might be the interior panel itself.

littlebuddha

Registered Member
I have that door/window rattle too! Annoying. I cant trace it. Might be the interior panel itself.
I took the car in to fix another issue and they told me they fixed the door rattle - something had come loose so they tightned it. On a seperate note, check your front under panel - mine was warped!

Karvapallo

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just bought the G70 and I'm hearing some rattling from the center of the dash, which I think is due to the infotainment system, but it's so inconsistent that trying to pinpoint it's source has been hard. I'll try pulling on the infotainment system a bit the next time I hear it. Thanks for the tip. @RossBrum did you get the issue fixed yet?

RossBrum

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just bought the G70 and I'm hearing some rattling from the center of the dash, which I think is due to the infotainment system, but it's so inconsistent that trying to pinpoint it's source has been hard. I'll try pulling on the infotainment system a bit the next time I hear it. Thanks for the tip. @RossBrum did you get the issue fixed yet?
Sorry to hear it’s happening to you! Alas, I have not been able to fix this. My best guess is it has something to do with the 2 part hard plastic backing to the infotainment screen.

Karvapallo

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry to hear it’s happening to you! Alas, I have not been able to fix this. My best guess is it has something to do with the 2 part hard plastic backing to the infotainment screen.
Thanks! I don't mind it much, since it happens so infrequently and I can only hear it if the music's not on.

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to fix it. You could tell the dealership to take a peek at it the next time you take the car in. If you have the noise pinpointed like you do, it should make their job a lot easier. If you decide to have the dealership take a look at it I'd love to hear how it goes.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums