Dash stays on with trunk open

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want to connect to maintenance charger since with covid I barely drive now. However the dash will not turn off and open trunk alert keeps flashing. Is there no way to override this? Seems like flaw to have battery in trunk but can't charge

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On the G80 you can connect the charger under the hood, there's charging connections there. If you put in a connector you can run wires through grill and keep good closed.

This is from the G70 manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200918-213948_Office Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200918-213948_Office Mobile.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 9

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the G80 you can connect the charger under the hood, there's charging connections there. If you put in a connector you can run wires through grill and keep good closed.

This is from the G70 manual.

Yea that was my first thought but manual states to not charge while battery connected to car, so charging from under hood kind of scared me, so wanted to connect straight to battery.

I did find a solution though, if you take screwdriver you can flip the trunk lock to "Locked" position which tricks the car to thinking trunk is closed.

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You connect to the "Jump" connections under the hood. I have been keeping a Battery Tender on our for the last 6 months as, like you, we hardly drive it.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You connect to the "Jump" connections under the hood. I have been keeping a Battery Tender on our for the last 6 months as, like you, we hardly drive it.

Or invest in one of these:

use it on my ‘39 and had it on my ‘32 before I sold it, and on my Avalanche and 4 Runner both of which were only used for camping so not driven very often.

Mounts up under the rear bumper, allows you to charge or jump the vehicle without needed access to the interior. For my ‘32 and ‘39 it is was a neccessity as both have/had shaved door handles with electric poppers, no manual release/override as I didn’t want someone to be able to access the vehicle, in both; the battery was in the trunk so access is not an option if the battery was to die, as the cable release is inside the car.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums