DCT transmission

Kellyberg

Hasn't posted much yet...
San Antonio, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Every once in a while, when at low speeds and making a turn, the transmission feel like it is not engaged and not pushing the car forward. It only happens of a second or two. I was told by the dealership that it is a trait of the Dual Clutch Transmission that is the Genesis. Could that be true, does the Genesis have a DCT, or is it that since it does not happen often the Dealership dose not want to be bothered or dose not know how to fix it? I could not verify the transmission claim of having a DCT in the car.
Given, I have not had a great experience with the dealership and would not go back to them for my next Genesis...I do love the car.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type

Kellyberg

Hasn't posted much yet...
San Antonio, TX
Genesis Model Type
I will give it a try in sport mode. Thank you, now I know it is a DCT and the dealer service rep was not BSing me. Thank you for your prompt response. There is nothing like advice from an actual owner and not a tech who drives a Honda.

glennk

Been here awhile...
Dallas, TX
In watching the video, it doesn't sound like a DCT/DSG transmission. But rather, an improved multi-clutch conventional transmission with the ability to skip gears to improve economy and smoothness. Thoughts?

dudmleh522

Getting familiar with the group...
In watching the video, it doesn't sound like a DCT/DSG transmission. But rather, an improved multi-clutch conventional transmission with the ability to skip gears to improve economy and smoothness. Thoughts?
So it is mct not dct?

glennk

Been here awhile...
Dallas, TX
Hyundai has re-programmed the 8 speed for the 2016 MY. Further hardware enhancements were made for the Genesis 2017 MY.

Remember, these transmissions "adapt" themselves to your driving patterns. If you change how aggressive you are with the car, it may take time to adapt to you. If memory serves, others have discussed this. I think several other members have pulling the power to "reset" that transmission computer, thereby causing to re-learn your driving patterns.

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My 2015 does the same thing. Noticeable only when accelerating from a dead stop, sharp turn and more than light throttle. I'm pretty sure it's because of inner front tire slippage. The computer recognizes it immediately and reduces the throttle.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.