• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Dealer Add ons

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well I will FINALLY be taking delivery of my Siberian Ice 3.3T Sport with black and red stitching tomorrow after many months of trying to locate one. The local dealer found one in the state and did a dealer trade on a G80 for my G70. Once I knew where my car was coming from, I pulled it up on line and made sure it was exactly the car I was looking for.
Now to the subject of dealer add ons. I went to the dealer on Saturday to see my car for the first time. To my horror, the previous dealer had done the following to the car:

1. Tinted the windows
2. Put on paint protection film to half the hood, mirrors and along the door edges
3. Put on black pin striping

None of this was on the car when I saw the pictures of the car on line. And if you could see just how bad of a job the dealership did in applying the PPT, you would have been amazed! Was put on crooked and incorrectly and probably used cheap materials to boot. The pin stripes were horrible and were underneath the PPT. All of this at a cost of $1900.
I told my dealership that I was not going to pay for these add ons as they were not on the car when we negotiated the price. They agreed and I will not be charged. I am also having them remove the PPT and the pin stripes at no cost to me.
Unreal the crap the dealership tries to sneak in to jack up their profits!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Please say you took a moment and snapped a picture of that... from your description you must share.. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. Pin striping on the G70, won’t someone please think of the children! Also imagine how many others aren’t smart like the OP, how many more of this hellspawn are out there?

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Please say you took a moment and snapped a picture of that... from your description you must share.. :ROFLMAO:
Of course!! If you zoom in, you can see the pin stripes. Also, you can see the clear bra and how it doesn't even line up with the fender piece. As the sign says in the background, Stop dealer add ons! Lol

Attachments

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Of course!! If you zoom in, you can see the pin stripes. Also, you can see the clear bra and how it doesn't even line up with the fender piece. As the sign says in the background, Stop dealer add ons! Lol
Is that a little 'genesis' logo imprinted into the pinstripe right above the boomerang? I'm glad you got them to remove it, the front is not soo horrible... but the way it cuts across the gas cover :sick:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Pinstripes can be nice on some cars but the G70 is NOT one of them. Even worse is that pole coming out of the sunroof.
Ha !! I will be sure they remove that too! Next pics will be much nicer, trust me!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums