• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Debadging G70

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think this has been discussed in various places but thought I’d let you all know I removed my HTRAC badge very easily after about two months of owning the car.

Just pried it off with a credit card. The adhesive was still soft, so the rest picked off easily with my fingers. No need for solvent or anything.

I like the look with G70 and 3.3T alone a lot better

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think this has been discussed in various places but thought I’d let you all know I removed my HTRAC badge very easily after about two months of owning the car.

Just pried it off with a credit card. The adhesive was still soft, so the rest picked off easily with my fingers. No need for solvent or anything.

I like the look with G70 and 3.3T alone a lot better
I did the same, really like the look better. Mine was a litte tougher to get off - but used a hair dryer and was eventually able to get it off with just my fingers ...

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
WD40 and dental floss is generally the best way. Nothin else is needed.

Dillon Vossen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cool. I actually plan on removing everything but the wings. I have seen several pics...and it looks sharp. And...the fact that I may be the only G70 owner for quite a while in the Richmond market...it will add a nice "je ne sais quoi" to any onlookers :)
plan on doing the same...

Dpaulc

Registered Member
After seeing the Sport trim, I noticed the dark chrome stood in contrast with the bright chrome Genesis badge. I can't help but consider how the front fascia would look without the front badge. Has anyone removed it or at least considered it?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would NOT do that. The lines of the hood feed off the tips of the wings on the logo. I think the spot is raised a bit too.

Trust me...it will look retarded. I photoshopped my car with out it for kicks...yuck.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm tempted to remove Htrac. I don't know why Genesis didn't rebrand that. Kia calls their Dynamax but doesn't use any badges.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Looks good. I have always removed the badges. The first day I got my G90 home I immediately removed the G90 and 5.0 from the trunk. In fact every Mercedes I owned I ordered them with the badge delete from the factory.