Debut of GV70

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
That's the best rendition of the Genesis grille+quad-headlights.

And these are just CGIs, should look even better with real photos and video.

Inside and out, makes the X3 and GLC look dowdy in comparison.

Even if they double the GV80's allocation for NA, that won't be enough.

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah that grille and the headlights are perfect. Grill's not too big, the headlights aren't too high like the G70's yet not too low. The brake vents in the front are really sleek too and not too bulky like the new G70's. The rear taillights are a bit too long though. I wish it had more empty space around the Genesis text.

I really like the Sport steering wheel cover. They should use that everywhere.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't think these are CGI...the look pretty real.

Outside is stunning. Inside...not feeling it. The repeating oval theme is over done and seems to be everywhere. I think that might be a deal breaker for me. Again...the damn red !!!

Love the Sport steering wheel...especially the fact that the buttons have back lighting.

Also...love the Alcantara inserts in the seats on the Sport.

In English...

Last edited:

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Great. Now there are two Genesis SUV’s coming soon, not just the GV80 that’s been coming soon for years.

COToad

Look.... a curve!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The sport definitely gets my vote. Not sure why they kept the chrome trim on the windows with the black everywhere else. It would look better with all chrome in black. Agree that the crest grill looks really good in this application. I am still not feeling the lights, they don't add to the look, they just look like a gimmick. Will definitely consider this as a replacement for my G70 in 18 months if I get over my sedan fetish.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't think these are CGI...the look pretty real.

Outside is stunning. Inside...not feeling it. The repeating oval theme is over done and seems to be everywhere. I think that might be a deal breaker for me. Again...the damn red !!!

Love the Sport steering wheel...especially the fact that the buttons have back lighting.

Also...love the Alcantara inserts in the seats on the Sport.

In English...

Reminds me of the dashes from the fifties and sixties , a nice clean straight dash.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was watching the Korean impression videos, and one mentioned that the oval theme running throughout the interior is referring to the wings (cross section) based on the genesis logo. This was in their press release. Thought that was a nice tie back to the brand and logo, albeit kind of random.

2020Telluride

This is simply amazing. I could see a GV70 Sport replacing my current daily driver sitting in the garage next to my wife's 2021 Telluride SX Prestige. The GV70 is sexy as hell. This is going to be a segment leader and will simply blow away the competition. Real world pictures on the streets in South Korea show the 3.5T badging...which means this is going to be fast too. Hopefully the squeeze out a little more horsepower in the sport trim. 400 HP sounds perfect.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Great. Now there are two Genesis SUV’s coming soon, not just the GV80 that’s been coming soon for years.

And a 3rd (dedicated BEV crossover) also undergoing testing.

Nothing really changed about the time-table from the original Genesis road map, aside from a delay due to Covid and the addition of the aforementioned 3rd crossover (they also pushed the launch of the GV80 ahead of the new G80).

From the release of the road map when the Genesis brand was launched, the GV80 was going to take about 4.5 years to make it to production.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Lots of real-world photos captured in this video

I wonder if the matte colors will be coming to the US. That matte purple...

Leaked rear seat room pics from a while ago

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
And a 3rd (dedicated BEV crossover) also undergoing testing.

Nothing really changed about the time-table from the original Genesis road map, aside from a delay due to Covid and the addition of the aforementioned 3rd crossover (they also pushed the launch of the GV80 ahead of the new G80).

From the release of the road map when the Genesis brand was launched, the GV80 was going to take about 4.5 years to make it to production.
Yes, and in addition to taking forever to get to dealerships, most of the dealerships that these vehicles get to will still not have Genesis signs on their buildings.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, and in addition to taking forever to get to dealerships, most of the dealerships that these vehicles get to will still not have Genesis signs on their buildings.
this explains it

Crider

this explains it
Absolutely down with the GV70. Genesis dealerships tacked on to a Hyundai dealership, not so much. Genesis does need to up their game if they want to play with the big boys IMHO. Case in point Audi, our local dealership is a first class experience from the minute you enter the store. I'm sure thats the effect Genesis is going for and that is NOT the typical Hyundai/Kia model. Ill still order one but a "luxury" experience would be nice.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Our dealer in Madison, WI is the same - has a number of G70s out front and a few G80s - absolutely NO signage (still!) - it's ridiculous. Between Korea and North America I've lost count on the number of management changes. Such a shame they can't get their retail distribution act together given how NICE their product line is shaping up now with the GV70. We loved our pre G80 2nd gen Hyundai Genesis...then the dealer network fell apart in the transition here and now its back "kind of". In any case love LOVE the look the new GV70 - even more so than the GV80. Definitely agree that the GV70 got the balance right in the front between the grill / lights / overall front look as compared to the GV80. I *still* think the grill is much too large on the '80.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums