Debut of GV70

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Our dealer in Madison, WI is the same - has a number of G70s out front and a few G80s - absolutely NO signage (still!) - it's ridiculous. Between Korea and North America I've lost count on the number of management changes. Such a shame they can't get their retail distribution act together given how NICE their product line is shaping up now with the GV70. We loved our pre G80 2nd gen Hyundai Genesis...then the dealer network fell apart in the transition here and now its back "kind of". In any case love LOVE the look the new GV70 - even more so than the GV80. Definitely agree that the GV70 got the balance right in the front between the grill / lights / overall front look as compared to the GV80. I *still* think the grill is much too large on the '80.
Hard to tell which end the problem is, maybe both. When Genesis tried to setup stand alone dealers, the existing Hyundai dealers sued them. That caused even more delays and too many dealers for the volume. Takes a lot of car sales to pay the mortgage.

I've been fortunate to have dealers with dedicated Genesis staff and good service but others, not so much. The sign outside means little if the staff is not properly trained. The pandemic really slowed things too. Better now but a few months of slow sales and people shortages did not help.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
You do know that there is a pandemic going on?
How does that relate to the Genesis signs that are not outside dealerships?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How does that relate to the Genesis signs that are not outside dealerships?
Hard to hang a sign if you are working from home. Or to make one, or to get a truck to deliver one, etc. Many businesses have shut down or severely curtailed contact with people.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hard to hang a sign if you are working from home. Or to make one, or to get a truck to deliver one, etc. Many businesses have shut down or severely curtailed contact with people.
I dunno. Does your dealership have a Genesis sign out front? Mine doesn’t. They’ve been selling Genesis since 2008, as a Hyundai model, and since 2016 as a Genesis brand. I don’t recall Covid impacting any years till this one. They don’t even have a vinyl banner out front with the name Genesis on it.

Blame Covid if you like.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah...that dealer on Midlo is nasty as F. No signage what so ever. Disgusting inside. GM thinks he’s the 2nd coming of Christ.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Several real Sport pics...

Blitz118

Registered Member
Several real Sport pics...

The real life pictures look great. I can't wait for it to get here next year.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Love those hips. They really have a hit on their hands. I will break my "never buy a 1st year" rule with this vehicle.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums