Defaults back to Navigation Screen

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
When I put my FM Radio station or CD Media it plays the radio fine and cd correctly but then it does not stay on that screen it goes back to the Navigation Screen after about 5 seconds. The car is a 2018 Genesis G80 with Ultimate Package. By the way, can you split the screen as you can on the Sonata with Navigation Screen and FM Radio Station Screen?
Thanks for your help.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I put my FM Radio station or CD Media it plays the radio fine and cd correctly but then it does not stay on that screen it goes back to the Navigation Screen after about 5 seconds. The car is a 2018 Genesis G80 with Ultimate Package. By the way, can you split the screen as you can on the Sonata with Navigation Screen and FM Radio Station Screen?
Thanks for your help.
Ultimate screen cannot be split.

How are you putting on the radio station? If you have the navigation screen and use a voice command to change stations it will revert to the Nav screen. Are you pushing the button on the radio that says AM/FM or XM, etc it should stay. If not, try a radio reset by pushing a paper clip in the tiny hole in the front panel and see if that cures it.

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am not using voice commands. I am just pushing the buttons that say AM/FM or Media. They play and I want them to stay on that screen but after 3-5 seconds the Nav Screen comes up. The Nav Screen should just come up when I call for it, I think?

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Isn't there a setting for how long to wait before automatically going to the map screen? Setting it to zero means don't do it.

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Where is that setting? That is what I need to find. I hope someone knows as I sure as hell can not find it.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Isn't there a setting for how long to wait before automatically going to the map screen? Setting it to zero means don't do it.
Never saw such a setting. Even while navigation is active, if I press a radio button it stays in radio mode but I will get the voice for turns and such. Just checked the manual and see nothing about it.

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes, I read the manual fully and found nothing. I just purchased the car yesterday. It is still under warranty so I will take it in. Thanks for the help, Ed.

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I found it.....Navigation.....Settings.....General......Return to Map Settings.....Checked 0 Sec....Previous owner had it on 10 sec. Thanks Ed and Joe for your help.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I found it.....Navigation.....Settings.....General......Return to Map Settings.....Checked 0 Sec....Previous owner had it on 10 sec. Thanks Ed and Joe for your help.
You're welcome. I learned something from it. I never noticed or used that setting.

What I also found to be useful, after you have the car for a couple of months take a few minutes and go through all the setting again. Not just navigation, everything. You may have missed on, or now decide to try a different one.

Recently I was waiting for someone and had ten minutes to kill. I happened to get a text and when you do, you can reply with some standard things, such as OK, Call you later. You can also modify them and customize them. So I did.

bobbyd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just when I think I am too old to learn all these new gadgets I sometimes amaze myself. My wife got me a new phone recently....I still had the old flip phone and was quite happy with it. Now with this 2018 Genesis G80 it has the wireless charging. My phone is a Samsung A50 which does not charge on this charger. I guess I will use the power supply and cable as before.
I rarely text.. I am still old school on that. I am amazed how many people get those thumbs going for hours. I like picking up the phone and talking.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums