Defective compass

Wrbeng65

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The compass needle on my 2020 Genesis G80T has east and west mixed up. Northeast shows up as Northwest and Southeast shows up as south east. Anyone else have problem?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I had to think about where this was.. in the center of the dash? Does the compass in the rear view mirror show correctly? I never use the one on the center display.

Wrbeng65

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for response. I will have to check my mirror to see if the display there has the same problem. The display on the dash has a red and silver arrow showing direction. Its the one I use. Not sure why.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
there is a calibration setting for it, check the manual, you have to account for where you are located in the world and set it correctly so it can find magnetic north

Wrbeng65

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for the response. I will check and do the calibration. I wouldn’t expect the factory settings to be off 180 degrees, though. Would you?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for the response. I will check and do the calibration. I wouldn’t expect the factory settings to be off 180 degrees, though. Would you?
It was set up in Korea so it could be well off. Never use the one on the dash so not sure if it relates to the one in the mirror.

To adjust the Zone setting:
1. Determine the desired Zone
Number based upon your current
location on the Zone Map.
2. Press and hold the Control Button
for up to 6 seconds, the current
Zone Number will appear on the
display.
3. Release and press the Control
Button and then hold the Control
Button again will cause the numbers
to increment (Note: they will
repeat …13, 14, 15, 1, 2, …).
Releasing the button when the
desired Zone Number appears on
the display will set the new Zone.
4. Within about 5 seconds the compass
will start displaying a compass
heading again

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Yes I would. When my G80 was rear ended the battery was disconnected for 9 weeks, when it was reconnected the vehicle reverted to the default settings, everything was in Korean. Luckily my sister-in-law is Korean and was able to reset it to English for me.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just took a look at mine and it appears correct. The car is facing north.

Attachments

• 20200914_225953~2.jpg
    20200914_225953~2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 2

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you change you speakers by any chance? Sometimes the sensor is in the trunk and a new set of speakers can mess with that.

Also, the red needle always point North (not your direction - so this does reverse East and West)....I got confused in an older car once.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums