• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Deleting radio station presets

Nardly

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have been trying to delete stations on the radio and can't figure out how. Is there a way to delete them or reset the radio so I can clear the presets?

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
This question always draws guffaws here. Stations are replaced, not deleted. In my area there are only two AM stations that I care about, so my AM presets are:

990-1140-990-1140-990-1140

Live with it.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
They may clear if you disconnect the battery for a short time.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Yes, and that would also clear many other things, possibly including your Sirius/XM account which then costs about $20 to reconnect.
Maybe, but I haven't read about anyone on this forum having problems with their Sirius/XM accounts disabled when changing batteries. When I changed my battery, it did clear my radio presets, but not all radio systems are the same, either due to different Packages or different model years.

As to disconnecting Sirius/XM on my radio when I changed the battery, I already disabled Sirius/XM by calling them and removing my VIN from their system, because even though I was not subscribed, it kept coming on during free preview times, which messed up my iPod (would not start where last left off, which is critical when listening to audio books).

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Maybe, but I haven't read about anyone on this forum having problems with their Sirius/XM accounts disabled when changing batteries. When I changed my battery, it did clear my radio presets, but not all radio systems are the same, either due to different Packages or different model years.

As to disconnecting Sirius/XM on my radio when I changed the battery, I already disabled Sirius/XM by calling them and removing my VIN from their system, because even though I was not subscribed, it kept coming on during free preview times, which messed up my iPod (would not start where last left off, which is critical when listening to audio books).
Disconnecting the battery to clear the radio presets is like using a chainsaw as a toenail clipper. Just a bit of overkill.

- - - Updated - - -

Using replace makes it extremely difficult to reorder the presets. They should have used add and delete. This same problem exists when the reordering the destinations in the navigation address book
Every car I've ever owned operates the way Hyundai/Genesis does it. Try writing your favorite stations on a piece of paper before programming them and you'll do fine.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Disconnecting the battery to clear the radio presets is like using a chainsaw as a toenail clipper. Just a bit of overkill.
Wanting to clear the presets is overkill. Why would anyone care?

If disconnecting the battery is the only way to do it, that's not my fault. It's not that hard, probably just disconnect one side (negative) and replace it.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Nardly

This question always draws guffaws here. Stations are replaced, not deleted. In my area there are only two AM stations that I care about, so my AM presets are:

990-1140-990-1140-990-1140

Live with it.
I didn't hear any guffaws. Just members trying to help others. Live with that. Who cares what stations you listen to anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good idea. I was thinking why not pull the fuse to the radio, should accomplish the same thing. I'll give it a try, thanks for your help.

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Keep us posted, Nardly. I alway think it's funny when somebody tries to fix something that ain't broke. Maybe it's just an OCD thing with you. When you think about it, these days it makes no difference which button is first, even if it's out of numerical sequence. It's not like the olden days with the heavy-touch mechanical radio buttons. Today we have large display screens that show us the name of the station. Also, most folks only listen to a small number of stations anyway and soon learn the proper button to push for their frequent selections. Good luck in your search for push-button happiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanting to clear the presets is overkill. Why would anyone care?

If disconnecting the battery is the only way to do it, that's not my fault. It's not that hard, probably just disconnect one side (negative) and replace it.
Disconnecting the battery will also clear the auto seat and mirror settings. We all know what a pain in the arse it is to try to find the perfect seating position. Once you have found it you don't want to lose it and start over from scratch.

Nardly

Thanks PMC, I'll keep y'all posted. I am a little OCD plus I bought the car used and it came from Florida. Lots of presets that don't work. I'm a fan of WRVA myself, used to listen to Jimmy Barrett on the way to work.

Nardly

Well that was weird. Pulled the multimedia fuse, waited about 10 minutes, reinstalled and all the presets that were not working are gone. Sixteen presets for stations in my area are there. WTF? Did it capture stations in range without me saving them? Don't think so, but who knows. All I've had to drink today is tea. Anyway, happy camper!

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Thanks PMC, I'll keep y'all posted. I am a little OCD plus I bought the car used and it came from Florida. Lots of presets that don't work. I'm a fan of WRVA myself, used to listen to Jimmy Barrett on the way to work.
Yes, I listen to Jimmy Barrett in the early am!

oldtimer

Getting familiar with the group...
Alan; Noticed your new 3.3t in Polar Ice. Absolutely gorgeous.. I got mine yesterday here in Montreal. This color grows on me every time I enter the car. BTW, my seats are black/grey.
Do you have this situation?, When listening to XMSerius, the Station and logo as well as category are nice and bright, but in between the artist and song title are a feint grey. And no radio volume shows on Heads UP screen.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, and that would also clear many other things, possibly including your Sirius/XM account which then costs about $20 to reconnect.
My understanding is that a battery disc will also delete all your mode settings, eg, door locking and whatever else you can set with a new Genesis. This is why you should have the battery replaced at the dealer so they can hook it up to a charger in order to retain all presets...including radio and XM.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Matthewwebster511

I have been trying to delete stations on the radio and can't figure out how. Is there a way to delete them or reset the radio so I can clear the presets?
I have an Elantra. All I did was goto system info and reset to defaults. Erases all radio settings including the presets. Should work the same way for the genesis

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums