Demo GV70s

Ptcrusn

Registered Member
Has anyone else heard of Genesis sending out demo GV70s to certain dealers in various regions? They are supposedly to arrive some time next month and are for test driving only. These would not be part of the dealership's allocation.

Londoner01

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone else heard of Genesis sending out demo GV70s to certain dealers in various regions? They are supposedly to arrive some time next month and are for test driving only. These would not be part of the dealership's allocation.
I had an email from my local Genesis dealer last week, they have a demo GV70, they wanted to know if I wanted a test drive and setup an appointment. Dealer is in London, Ontario, Canada. I have a GV80 Prestige 3.5T. I said NO, I want a GV70 for my wife, a GV70 Prestige 3.5T with all the bells and whistles as my GV80.. But they only offer this in a Sport. I don't want carbon fibre and loud colours, I want a luxury vehicle.

Ptcrusn

Registered Member
Where did you hear this?
I was test driving a GV80 I ordered over a year ago. Since then I have opted for the GV70. My sales rep told me about the cars coming in "about 2 weeks". I really like the dealership, but they have gotten really terrible info from Genesis.

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was test driving a GV80 I ordered over a year ago. Since then I have opted for the GV70. My sales rep told me about the cars coming in "about 2 weeks". I really like the dealership, but they have gotten really terrible info from Genesis.
Interesting. You're in the US?

Ptcrusn

Registered Member
Interesting. You're in the US?
Colorado. I think there's 6 dealerships here. 4 in the Denver area and 1 each in northern and southern Colorado. Only 2 dealers in Denver will get the cars and both north and south will. The point is, not everyone is supposed to be getting them.

Last edited:

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm in nyc area. Would be tough to imagine at least one dealer in my area doesn't get one.

Billbert

Hasn't posted much yet...
Colorado. I think there's 6 dealerships here. 4 in the Denver area and 1 each in northern and southern Colorado. Only 2 dealers in Denver will get the cars and both north and south will. The point is, not everyone is supposed to be getting them.
Do you know which Denver dealers are getting demo cars? We just bought a Santa Fe Calligraphy but I'm still interested in the GV70. I'll see if I can get a ride.

stsk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
FWIW, there are 3 Genesis dealers in the Denver metro area, Golden, Arapahoe and Littleton. AFAIK, all will be getting GV70s, but in any case the Genesis Concierge will, if you've reserved one, work with you to select a dealer. (the default is the closest one to your location, but you can request a different one.) If you haven't "reserved" one, I suspect a call to the Concierge will arrange a viewing as soon as they're available.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums