• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Did you change your G80 Sport muffler? If so, what did you use?

daltonwhite

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm looking to get a throatier sound out of my G80 Sport, nothing obnoxious, just nice when I step on it but I wanna keep drone to a minimum. Was gonna do a muffler delete but I feel it would be too loud based on the size of those things! Looking at Magnaflow 5x9 or 5x11. Anyone tried these or something similar? Please help!

Texrepmike

Ovilla Texas(Dallas)
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm looking to get a throatier sound out of my G80 Sport, nothing obnoxious, just nice when I step on it but I wanna keep drone to a minimum. Was gonna do a muffler delete but I feel it would be too loud based on the size of those things! Looking at Magnaflow 5x9 or 5x11. Anyone tried these or something similar? Please help!
I, like you want a deeper throatier sound but I love the quiet luxurious silence while driving. Let me know how it works out.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

stark_intern

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
like you want a deeper throatier sound but I love the quiet luxurious silence while driving
Seconded. Unmuzzled by mufflers, the 5.0 Tau in our rides is has a filthy, nasty and brutal exhaust note that out-and-out humiliates my muffler deleted Mustang GT->>
That said, I also feel it betrays the character of the vehicle around it to let it do that. There's sound dampening material throughout the engine bay, body work, and even the wiring harnesses are in this velcro padded cloth thing to keep rattling at a minimum. I fear even with electronic cutouts, it would never be quite the same level of serene silence.

5.0KDM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Any of you guys come across this yet 09 Maserati Quatroporte exhaust on Genesis G80? i was looking at used examples of it on ebay and they go for 200-300 w/o shipping. The exhaust also has a 2.5 diameter and oddly looks similar.

Texasbarkers

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I, like you want a deeper throatier sound but I love the quiet luxurious silence while driving. Let me know how it works out.
Dalton - interested in the same thing. 2022 g80 sport prestige. Looking for a growl at start-up and paddle shift downshifts. Please keep me posted on what you find please!! texasbarkers

Ixlr8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You should have bought a Mustang. These fine autos are built for stealth. I have seen many a noisy car that I easily passed without drawing attention to myself.
To be honest, I don’t even like the fake sound that is piped into the car in Sports Mode.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the sound of a good rumble in a car and I have owned many. I just love being able to just “whoosh” around other cars, rather than bringing attention to myself.