• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Disappearing Genesis Dealerships

kg99

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I purchased a 2019 G70 about 11 months ago at my local Genesis(Hyundai) dealership. My G70 needed service and I called the dealer for an appointment. I was informed they were no longer a Genesis dealers and could not perform any service on the car. They referred me to dealer 115 miles away which I called to make an appointment. I was again informed that they were no longer a Genesis (Hyundai) dealership and could not service my car. They referred me to a dealer an additional 30 miles further away with whom I was able to make an appointment. I contacted Genesis and they confirmed that those dealerships were no longer Genesis dealers and that they were working on the situation but for now I would have to drive to get the car serviced. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue and how prevalent it is. I realize Genesis as a brand is just getting started but it seems that better planning would have gone a long way. This is a rough start for a brand that wants to have a premium image.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went through the online buying tool to check inventory at Genesis dealers within 100 miles of Charlotte. There are 12, which may be too many. Five of those twelve have a total of 7-10 new Genesis cars, 2019-2020, G70, 80 & 90 included. I see no way for such a dealer to remain in the space with such limited inventory, to stock parts, train technicians, complete sales training, include a dedicated Genesis space and the other requirements now and coming. Plus with the other dealers within a relatively close distance having 3-6 times the inventory it is clear that the decision is making itself.

kg99

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ventura area

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went through the online buying tool to check inventory at Genesis dealers within 100 miles of Charlotte. There are 12, which may be too many. Five of those twelve have a total of 7-10 new Genesis cars, 2019-2020, G70, 80 & 90 included. I see no way for such a dealer to remain in the space with such limited inventory, to stock parts, train technicians, complete sales training, include a dedicated Genesis space and the other requirements now and coming. Plus with the other dealers within a relatively close distance having 3-6 times the inventory it is clear that the decision is making itself.
Purchased my '19 from Lee in Fayetville

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fayetteville is good.
edit: by good I mean that they had more than the 10 car limit I set for my search. Fayetteville is 107 miles from my zipcode and it has 24 vehicles.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I purchased a 2019 G70 about 11 months ago at my local Genesis(Hyundai) dealership. My G70 needed service and I called the dealer for an appointment. I was informed they were no longer a Genesis dealers and could not perform any service on the car. They referred me to dealer 115 miles away which I called to make an appointment. I was again informed that they were no longer a Genesis (Hyundai) dealership and could not service my car. They referred me to a dealer an additional 30 miles further away with whom I was able to make an appointment. I contacted Genesis and they confirmed that those dealerships were no longer Genesis dealers and that they were working on the situation but for now I would have to drive to get the car serviced. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue and how prevalent it is. I realize Genesis as a brand is just getting started but it seems that better planning would have gone a long way. This is a rough start for a brand that wants to have a premium image.
So they are not going to pick up the vehicle, leave a loaner, then return the vehicle to you? That is not the agreement when you purchased the car. I have not had my first service yet since I only have about 3000 miles. If they (Genesis) don't give me what they promised, they will be hearing from me biggly.

3.3 Rulz

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
WOW!, then they wonder why they don't sell that brand well in the U.S., better off buying a Hyundai, at least you can get it serviced/fixed nearby.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
This is a good thing. Well, not so much for you, but for the brand in general. The original intent was for Genesis to start by having 100 dealers and grow as needed. Because of franchise laws in 50 different states they ended up with 400 dealers, some good, some far less so. Getting rid of the poor dealers will help the reputation for good service, something that has been lacking.

Once the SUVs are in showrooms we may finally see stand alone dealers too. Better to have 150 to 200 really good dealers than 400 crappy ones.
Yeah, and one has to wonder what (likely) a 100 or so of these weaker dealerships were doing by going ahead w/ a Genesis franchise instead of taking the pretty generous buy-out from Hyundai.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums