Discount?

tahiles

Currently looking at a G70 Sport.

MSRP is $50,610.

What would you expect to pay before dealer fees and taxes?

Any help appreciated.....

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Work off of MSRP. Do not disclose lease or purchase. Try to get a few grand off that. Incentives excuded. Once that’s established...go from there.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It seems like many dealers are not offering any discounts before incentives (conquest, loyalty, lease cash, etc.) but we have had a number of members report getting $1k and up. Might as well start with a fairly high discount (2-3k) and see where they go from that.

tahiles

I always work off MSRP.

That’s why it’s the only number I listed in my question.

What do you mean by “a few grand”?

And, if you got a discount off MSRP, how much was that?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I personally only got $1k off...but I wanted the car bad...early adopter.

I then got $1k conquest (I had an Audi) and $2,500 lease cash back. So total of $4,500 off. I was more than happy...and still am.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would expect $2k off msrp and only $1k if you use the 1.9% finance incentive. Low inventory and high demand. It's a sellers market :) .

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would expect $2k off msrp and only $1k if you use the 1.9% finance incentive. Low inventory and high demand. It's a sellers market :) .
Whether you finance or not should not affect the dealer discount. In fact at that point in the negotiations they shouldn't even know if you are financing, leasing, have trade, etc. The best strategy is to work on establishing the price of the vehicle and then tackle the trade (if any) and how you are going to pay for it.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Whether you finance or not should not affect the dealer discount. In fact at that point in the negotiations they shouldn't even know if you are financing, leasing, have trade, etc. The best strategy is to work on establishing the price of the vehicle and then tackle the trade (if any) and how you are going to pay for it.
It affects incentives not discount. My point was you probably have 1k of discount and either 1k incentive or 1.9% financing.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It affects incentives not discount. My point was you probably have 1k of discount and either 1k incentive or 1.9% financing.
Yes, it definitely does. I read it as you meant the discount prior to any incentives. Some dealers will try and pull that, especially when leasing. Rather than giving a discount and then the lease cash, they will just give the lease cash when leasing.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.