Discovered Genesis on Friday; bought on Saturday

Mikeorren

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #1
Hello all:

New member and proud new owner of a 2017 G80 3.8 in Dallas, TX. Prior car, which I (with one exception) loved was a 2016 Mazda 6. That car was unfortunately totaled on the way to work Friday morn, when a dump truck moving way too fast took our the front third of my car whilst I was making a left turn. Miraculously, I had no serious injuries.

I started researching cars from the ER, looking to solve for Mazda’s glaring weakness — the multimedia / nav. Basically Googled “best sedan apple carplay” and worked from there.

That’s how I discovered the Genesis, and the more I read the more I liked. Came down to this and the Audi, but I never made it to the Audi dealer. Got a deal on a 2017 demo with 5,000 miles on it and I’ll be taking delivery tomorrow!

Excited to learn more from this group!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That’s how I discovered the Genesis, and the more I read the more I liked. Came down to this and the Audi, but I never made it to the Audi dealer. Got a deal on a 2017 demo with 5,000 miles on it and I’ll be taking delivery tomorrow!

Excited to learn more from this group!
Congrats. I worked with a guy that has an Audi A7. He loves my Genesis. Won't admit the should have considered Genesis first.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Congrats, looking forward to those photos. You'll love the car. I remember my old man got a deal on an 09 G8 GT that was a demo w/6k miles on it. The car sold as new with the new car warranty. Was yours also listed as new?

Mikeorren

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #6
Congrats, looking forward to those photos. You'll love the car. I remember my old man got a deal on an 09 G8 GT that was a demo w/6k miles on it. The car sold as new with the new car warranty. Was yours also listed as new?
Yes– It was marketed as new, but clearly labeled 2017. Got the full warranty and three years of all the goodies starting on the pickup date.

One interesting wrinkle: They had to special order a SIM card for the maps because the 2018 card (with same data) won't talk to the 2017 car.

And since folks were asking for pictures, here's a quickie from my arrival at work this morn:

IMG_0466.jpg

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
Looks great. We drove from Georgetown to Dallas to get ours. That's why I was curious about the dealership. But not the same.
What trim level is it?

Tuckerdog1

Mikeorren

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #9
Looks great. We drove from Georgetown to Dallas to get ours. That's why I was curious about the dealership. But not the same.
What trim level is it?

Tuckerdog1
Premium, but not Ultimate... and to earlier post on photo, is brown.

I went with Fenton because they do biz with my company and are close to me. Really nice people and good experience.

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
You lose Heads Up Display, but gain Apple Car Play/Android Auto with Premium vs Ultimate. I'm actually happier to have the Car Play/Android Auto. I "think", but not sure, the 2018 ultimate gets it all.

Tuckerdog1

Mikeorren

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #11
You lose Heads Up Display, but gain Apple Car Play/Android Auto with Premium vs Ultimate. I'm actually happier to have the Car Play/Android Auto. I "think", but not sure, the 2018 ultimate gets it all.

Tuckerdog1
For me, the CarPlay was essential. Already loving it and wondering if I should even bother to put in the card for Genesis Nav...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
For me, the CarPlay was essential. Already loving it and wondering if I should even bother to put in the card for Genesis Nav...
Would suck to be lost and have your phone die. Why not have up to date backup.

Mikeorren

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #13
Would suck to be lost and have your phone die. Why not have up to date backup.
Didn't mean literally. Of course I'll get whatever comes wi--

Wait! Did you see that! When I unlocked the car, the side mirror projected the logo on the pavement!!!

I think I'm in love.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wait! Did you see that! When I unlocked the car, the side mirror projected the logo on the pavement!!!

I think I'm in love.
When people that have seen my car for the first time like it, but when they see that logo appear, they are more impressed than any other feature.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.