Does anyone know the specs on the base radio/speakers?

Informatics

Hasn't posted much yet...
Columbia SC
Hi guys. I have a base 2011 Genesis 3.6. I wish I could of gotten the Lexicon but me and money have never been real tight:eek:. I still love my car and since I have never heard the Lexicon, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. That being said, I have looked different places and just can not find details of the base system. How many speakers, what size (6.9 etc.), and radio specs... How many watts, etc. Btw, I really like the MP3 cd capibilities on the base radio (167 songs on one disk is a really nice feature). Personally I think the base system sounds great but again I know the Lexicon is the best thing going in America today. Thanks to anyone who may have any informaition on the base radio. :cool:

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here you go, brother:

http://hyundai.lexicon.com/system.aspx

[EDIT] Just scroll over the actual speakers on the cars ;)

Oh yeah... you meant the non-Lexicon - crud... didn't know there was such a thing. SORRY!

mikec

Registered Member
SoCal
My 2009 brochure says the base system is a 7 speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/XM package.
From the service manual, the speaker layout, power, and impedances are (I don't have info on the physical speaker sizes...):

Code:
        Category                           Base Stereo System                            Premium System                                DIS Lexicon System        
                                     Input Power   Speaker Impedance (ohms)        Input Power   Speaker Impedance (ohms)        Input Power    Speaker Impedance (ohms)
Front Doors Door Speakers (2)        25W, max 50W         2 +/- 0.3                 25W, max 50W        2 +/- 0.3                25W, max 50W        2 +/- 0.3
            Tweeter Speakers (2)     25W, max 50W       3.4 +/- 0.5                  8 Vrms           3.6                           8 Vrms         3.6
            Middle Speakers (2)          n/a                n/a                         n/a               n/a                       8 Vrms         1.9 +/- 0.25
Rear Door   Door Speakers (2)        25W, max 50W        2 +/- 0.3                 25W, max 50W         2 +/- 0.3                25W, max 50W        2 +/- 0.3
            Tweeter Speakers (2)         n/a                n/a                       8 Vrms          3.6                           8 Vrms         3.6
            Center speaker               n/a                n/a                       8 Vrms         2.15 +/- 0.25                  8 Vrms        2.15 +/- 0.25
            subwoofer                25W, max 50W        2 +/- 0.3                   16 Vrms          4.8 +/- 0.1                  16 Vrms         4.8 +/- 0.1
            Surround speaker (4)         n/a                n/a                       8 Vrms         2.15 +/- 0.25                  8 Vrms        2.15 +/- 0.25
            Front Center Tweeter         n/a                n/a                         n/a              n/a                        8 Vrms         3.6

Total speaker count:              7                                             14                                            17

The values in parenthesis are the number of speakers in that category (i.e. left and right sides of the car).

mike c.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good post, Mike!

Informatics... you can probably use Mike's post to determine which of your speakers match those of the Lexicon, and then look those up in the link I posted - the images there have the size.

;)

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums