door locks

sofaking427

Hasn't posted much yet...
2013 Genisis sedan with tech and premium . Purchased now 1 month ago . Dealer replaced drivers door actuator . Worked for a week . Today it failed again. The door can not be opened using the outside handle button or the key fob . The door toggle will not lock or unlock the door either . The only solution is using the valet key to lock or unlock . Anyone have any ideas?

Vince2

Registered Member
You have the right idea:take it to the dealer. My door lock actuator did exactly the same thing. It was replaced by the dealer and has worked since. I know it's a pain to go for dealer service but with a 2013 I can't think of a better solution.

kman

Registered Member
Same issue has started to happen on my 2012 with premium package, especially when the weather is cold and it sits outside for an hour or two. I feel silly trying to enter my car through the passenger door:) Took it to a dealership and even with video, they want to diagnose the problem, do some kind of measurement when the issue occurs, so they want me to leave my car overnight without a rental. They supposedly can only give me a free rental once they diagnose the issue under a warranty claim, but not before the diagnosis is made.

kman

Registered Member
That's a tight-wad of a dealer for a relatively new Genesis owner. :rolleyes:
Yep, and I called Hyundai Customer Care thinking that they would step in an authorize a rental while they are keeping my car for a full day (or more) to diagnose. Wishful thinking on my part, they said to talk to the dealership. I'm going to go to a different one and see if they treat me better.

The funny part is that I can show them the problem happening on video, and while they agree that it happens, they still need to figure out which parts to replace to authorize a rental. Seems ridiculous.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Yep, and I called Hyundai Customer Care thinking that they would step in an authorize a rental while they are keeping my car for a full day (or more) to diagnose. Wishful thinking on my part, they said to talk to the dealership. I'm going to go to a different one and see if they treat me better.

The funny part is that I can show them the problem happening on video, and while they agree that it happens, they still need to figure out which parts to replace to authorize a rental. Seems ridiculous.
It is completely up to the dealer as to whether they give you a loaner. My understanding is that the dealer does not get reimbursed for loaners on warranty work (with some exceptions for major repairs that take awhile). It shouldn't take them more than a full day if you get an appointment, and they will usually drive you to work, etc if not too far.

sofaking427

Hasn't posted much yet...
called customer care and spoke to a knowledgeable guy . He set up a file and called the dealer . So far they found a loose connection from locks to bcm which they claim to have fixed . Now we are waiting for a part because the bumper abs failed . They did give me a new Genisis to use , which has no options and drives fine . Lets see what happens . This is 4 times back to the dealer . I hope it is fixed but if not Lemon law case will open immediately. So far the dealer service has been great , and very responsive . Not surprised because look into Korean Airs history and Samsung appliances customer servi9ce is without a doubt the worst .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.