• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Door open message

I have a 2013 Equus that sends a message that the left rear door is open when it is in fact shut. If I park and lock the car it might take a few seconds to a few hours for the alarm to sound and the light above the rear seat to turn on. A message will appear in the dash that the door is open. I sometimes get the message that the door is open while driving.
If I don't lock the car the alarm will not sound but the light above the rear seat will come on and drain the battery.
The only way I can prevent the problem from draining the battery is by pulling the main fuse when I park for any length of time.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Would the dealer know how to fix the problem.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

G-168878

Could be a bad sensor or out of adjustment sensor. Dealer should be able to fix it.
Something to keep in mind, if the gave you a very high price for repair, consider just having it taken out of the circuit.
Thanks. I’ll have the dealer look at it when I get the next oil change.

G-929806

Could be a bad sensor or out of adjustment sensor. Dealer should be able to fix it.
Something to keep in mind, if the gave you a very high price for repair, consider just having it taken out of the circuit.
Needed an oil change, so finally took it to the dealer. I suggested that they bypass the sensor. They of course looked at it and said there was nothing wrong. When I stepped out the door to get the car the alarm was going off. The service rep said he accidentally hit one of the buttons on the key fob. Wrong, put it in driveway at home a few hours later the alarm is sounding. Called the service rep two hours ago and asked if they can bypass the sensor. Said he’d call back in a few minutes. Have not heard back.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums