Drive Info not accumulating

dequardo50

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2022 G70 2.0. According to the manual the Drive Info for miles, avg mph and instant mpg are supposed to accumulate on different starts and only reset after 4 hours of non drive time. Mine resets every single ignition cycle within that 4 hours. Wondering if this is a 22 problem only? Does this work as per the manual for others?
9147FDE4-3319-4A57-AEC6-2336EA65FCE0.jpeg

Falaris

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That is interesting and I can confirm that a friend of mine has a 22 GV70 and it resets every start like you said. My 21 G80 holds for 4 hours as it says in the manual. No idea if this is an across the board issue but I can confirm at least one other GV70 does it.

-Fal

dequardo50

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That’s great info. I suspect this might be fixed in a future update. I’ll report it to Genesis.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
That is interesting and I can confirm that a friend of mine has a 22 GV70 and it resets every start like you said. My 21 G80 holds for 4 hours as it says in the manual. No idea if this is an across the board issue but I can confirm at least one other GV70 does it.

-Fal
My G70 does that, too, but the GV80 does not. It works as described.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
22 and 21

JEdwards

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
2021 G80 and GV80 behaves as stated in the manual.
2022 G70 and GV70 behaves differently.

It is still not clear if this difference is specific to model year, or model family. It could also be an intended change (and the bug is in the documentation) or whether it is bug in the software (and the documentation still reflects intended operation).

I have a 2021 GV80. I prefer the documented functionality.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
2021 G80 and GV80 behaves as stated in the manual.
2022 G70 and GV70 behaves differently.

It is still not clear if this difference is specific to model year, or model family. It could also be an intended change (and the bug is in the documentation) or whether it is bug in the software (and the documentation still reflects intended operation).

I have a 2021 GV80. I prefer the documented functionality.
Me, too. Resetting after every restart is totally useless.

dequardo50

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Update. I submitted the ticket via the Owners app. Got an email the next day to call CS. The email sounded like they didn’t understand what I’m pretty sure all here would have.

Talked the phone rep through it all again and she pulled up the manual to see it described as to how it should work. She said she would contact engineering and get back to me in a couple days. Interesting to see how this plays out.

The fact there’s no true trip odometer is a huge miss. But that’s not a bug.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Mount Dora FL; Penfield NY; Roswell NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There is a change available somewhere in Settings or Set Up.
I’ve seen it in my 2021 G80 screen. Problem is that using that center screen for almost anything is so complicated. As it stands right now, one of my Trip Meters stays until I reset it. The other resets either after a fill up or after sitting all night. It’s done both. Can’t remember what it does now as I’m no longer messing around in settings. (I can’t even remember where I found it - COMPLICATED)

dequardo50

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well not much help there. I’ve seen nothing in settings. There are 3 sets of data; ‘Accumulated Info’ (resettable); ‘Since Refueling’ (resets itself after a fill); and ‘Drive Info’ (resettable but also supposed to accumulate and not auto reset until after 4 hours regardless of start/stop cycles. It’s the last part that does not work on 22s.

JEdwards

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
There is a change available somewhere in Settings or Set Up.

I’ve seen nothing in settings.

Look under

Settings > Vehicle Settings > Cluster > Reset Fuels Economy

The is a submenu there to select when to reset average fuel economy.

This may be irrelevant but it may be worth a shot.

Look to see if you have it configured to reset at vehicle start. If so, try changing this to at fuel fill up or manual and see if it fixes the problem you initially reported about the trip settings reset.

I did not play around with it on my 2021 GV80, but I found out where it was today, and thought it might be a possible solution to your issues with the 2022 GV70.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners