drive modes on the G70

Philip2

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The G 70s are finally arriving in California and am looking to trade in my G80 for a 3.3T .

Some questions about the G 70:

I enjoy the smoothness of my G 80 on highway driving and elsewhere, it's just too sloppy for me in other driving conditions. I know the G 70 has a series of programmable drive modes. Is a standard or an accessory? Do you think there'd be a drive mode that could make the car as smooth as my G 80?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The G 70s are finally arriving in California and am looking to trade in my G80 for a 3.3T .

Some questions about the G 70:

I enjoy the smoothness of my G 80 on highway driving and elsewhere, it's just too sloppy for me in other driving conditions. I know the G 70 has a series of programmable drive modes. Is a standard or an accessory? Do you think there'd be a drive mode that could make the car as smooth as my G 80?
Drives modes are standard. I had a 2016 Hyundai Genesis (same car as the G80) and the ride of the G70 will never be as smooth as the G80. There are completely different cars.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I remember correctly, only the Sport trim offers adjustable dampers. That said, if you have any other trim the drive modes will only affect the engine, steering, and transmission behaviors.

Even so, I don't notice a huge difference in the suspension feel when in sport mode vs comfort and eco. But still, I find eco and comfort modes to be pretty supple and controlled on the road when just wanting to drive easy. Keep in mind, though, that I came from really crappy cars so my opinion may not reflect your own concerning the G70 (ie I've heard others say that the G70 feels very sporty and tight compared to the G80, despite the variable drive modes).

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The G70 has a shorter wheelbase, so you’ll find that on certain sections of road (concrete slap highway for example), you’ll feel bit more movement than floating over that section of pavement. But it’s not punishing by any means. My former F30 BMW was a lot more firm over that type of pavement than the G70 is.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am switching from a highly modified 2003 Nissan Maxima, and it's suspension is very firm and you basically feel everything you drive over. The G70 is remarkably smooth in comparison, but still super composed around high speed bends. I say go test out a G70 for yourself to find out if it's smooth enough for you. I do find I barely feel most imperfections in the road unless they are very large, say like a speed bump for instance.

Philip2

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
thanks

I'll get back to you with my impressions in about six weeks when the G 70s arrive at my closest dealer, which is 100 miles away anyway.