Driver door outside unlock button

jeduda

Hasn't posted much yet...
Not sure this has been posted as yet, but just recently the proximity unlock button on the driver door has stopped functioning. The pasenger side still works just fine. Looks like something has broken inside the switch because there is a noticable height difference between how much the button is raised above the door handle when compared to the passanger side.

cschuler

Been here awhile...
Naples, FL
This is also one of my many problems with this car. And, in my case, it spread to the passenger side door as well. I also noticed the different feel of the outside door buttons, when they stopped working.

This (my) car is leased and I have given up on it. Now using work around solutions to be able to just drive it for 3 more months ... thanks be that I can soon dump it (I feel badly for the next owner). I no longer lock it and several friends have asked if I am not afraid that it will be stolen .......yuck, big laugh, hiccup, huge guffaw and so on.

Edenesque

Hopefully someone has an answer for this because my 2009 Genesis is now at around 110,000 miles and I'm hoping it doesn't require a trip to the dealer.

Guess I can't complain too much, though. This is the first "defect" (other than the awful interface for music and GPS) I've had on this car. Not bad for 100k miles.

Gina Marchetti

We are having the exact same problem with our 96 Camry. We originally believed that one of the connections had lost conductivity. We gave the connectors a spray with CRC which did not fix the problem.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The bottom mechanism probably wore out. Mine still works, but from now on I may start using the keyfob since my car is out of warranty.

nukexxx

I have a similar problem with my 2010 Genesis Coupe. The driver's side door lock is unresponsive to the remote entry fob and the door button. I had the problem before, and the dealer fixed it. I asked him if there was a battery in the door handle that controlled the actuator, and he said, "Yes." I can't believe that. However, I have the same problem again, so I'll be going back.

jamesg

Not sure this has been posted as yet, but just recently the proximity unlock button on the driver door has stopped functioning. The pasenger side still works just fine. Looks like something has broken inside the switch because there is a noticable height difference between how much the button is raised above the door handle when compared to the passanger side.
I have the same problem which just happened the other day when I tried to push the button on the door handle, driver's side (Genesis Sedan 4 Dr) and "nothing happened", but the passenger door has NO Problems at all?
I'm looking for a solution like you.....I'm wondering if its an electrical problem, although I looked and compared the button height on each side and there is a bit of a difference which makes me think either something has worn down or a contact has broken? I don't have any problems opening and closing with the "smart key".........up to now, this car has been remarkable (I bought it new)
Anybody got any answers? The one in the manual doesn't work!!!!

savrico

Same problem here with non operable door handle button on my 2009. Dealership quoted $500+ to replace as only option. Hope my key fob doesn't wear out.

Saskatchewan
I've got a 2011 Sedan, drivers door won't lock/unlock with anything except the key. No button, or fob. All other doors unlock from the drivers side button and fob. Am I reading this thread correctly, that there's a battery in the door handle? Or should I replace the actuator motor?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've got a 2011 Sedan, drivers door won't lock/unlock with anything except the key. No button, or fob. All other doors unlock from the drivers side button and fob. Am I reading this thread correctly, that there's a battery in the door handle? Or should I replace the actuator motor?
Most likely whatever is the actuator. Should be able to test it by putting power to it.

How about from the inside, like of your doors are set to unlock in Park, does it unlock then?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Nope. Only "manually" (actually pushing the inside lock, or with the key). The drivers door won't lock/unlock when using the passengers side button, or the fob, either.
Most likely the actuator. Check that is is getting power, if so, replace it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.