Driver Lower Seat Cover Repair/Replace

SixFootSix

Registered Member
California
At 108,000 miles my driver seat cushion cover is ripping. I have the light tan (cashmere) interior on the 2012 Genesis 5.0.
What options do I have to repair or replace the damaged leather cover? Has anyone had the same tear in the leather and if so what have you done?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
At 108,000 miles my driver seat cushion cover is ripping. I have the light tan (cashmere) interior on the 2012 Genesis 5.0.
What options do I have to repair or replace the damaged leather cover? Has anyone had the same tear in the leather and if so what have you done?
Yellow Pages: Auto Upholstery

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dealer might still be able to obtain a new seat bottom cushion cover from the factory. Then a trip to the upholstery shop to R&R. Best match and probably cheapest path vs a full custom made cover from the upholstery shop.

SixFootSix

Registered Member
California
Dealer might still be able to obtain a new seat bottom cushion cover from the factory. Then a trip to the upholstery shop to R&R. Best match and probably cheapest path vs a full custom made cover from the upholstery shop.
I was able to locate a NOS driver seat cushion with cover that should be a near perfect match. It will then cost $55 to have it installed by a local upholstery shop.

coatseast

Hasn't posted much yet...
I was able to locate a NOS driver seat cushion with cover that should be a near perfect match. It will then cost $55 to have it installed by a local upholstery shop.
How on earth did you find that? Both of my seats look like crap on my 2012 sedan. Brown perforated leather did not hold up. Only 80K miles

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
How on earth did you find that? Both of my seats look like crap on my 2012 sedan. Brown perforated leather did not hold up. Only 80K miles

At the risk of perpetuating thread necropsy...

Well the BH did have an issue with premature seat bottom leather stretch that resulted a number of early-experience complaints from original owners. There are several old threads on the subject. So it doesn't surprise me that one or two of the higher volume dealers may have had a replacement collecting dust left over from concessionary/warranty repairs years ago. It happens.

SixFootSix

Registered Member
California
I got the new original stock seat cover from a Hyundai online parts distributor.

SixFootSix

Registered Member
California
Can I ask which? I have the brown perf leather. Kinda hard to match
I have the light tan. I was surprised that the dealer was able to locate it as NOS.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
I have the light tan. I was surprised that the dealer was able to locate it as NOS.
Cashmere.

isalbenathy

Genesis Model Year
I’ve been shopping around for seat cushion covers and a can’t find a decent price on them. I just bought a new driver’s side seat cushion becuase the foam was shot, but the fabric is worn through also. The prices I’m seeing everywhere are outrageous. Am I missing something???

The prices seem to be between $80 and $200 USD. I can get something custom made for cheaper than that, or for about $2 i can stitch in a patch.

Any thoughts? I’m not looking for Italian leather or anything, and I’m not even particularly concerned if it matches. It’s just a work truck, but I’m tired of leaning to one side all the time.

Thanks in advance.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve been shopping around for seat cushion covers and a can’t find a decent price on them. I just bought a new driver’s side seat cushion becuase the foam was shot, but the fabric is worn through also. The prices I’m seeing everywhere are outrageous. Am I missing something???

The prices seem to be between $80 and $200 USD. I can get something custom made for cheaper than that, or for about $2 i can stitch in a patch.

Any thoughts? I’m not looking for Italian leather or anything, and I’m not even particularly concerned if it matches. It’s just a work truck, but I’m tired of leaning to one side all the time.

Thanks in advance.
So your 2020 Genesis you have already worn out seat foam and the cover? Which model do you have? My 2020 G70 seats are still doing fine.

coatseast

Hasn't posted much yet...
Very difficult to find. Price for driver's side is 3X the passenger side. Supply and demand I guess. Very disappointed in the seat quality.

toxicavenger70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

Thanks in advance.
If you can get one for $80 what is the problem? My local shop wants $650-800 to reupholster one seat.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners