• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Drivers Side Higher Than Passenger Side

SahilG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just checked my car and noticed that the drivers side seems to be sitting around a little bit higher than the passenger side in the rear. Is that a blown shock or other suspension component? Does anyone else's G70 have this issue?

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I just checked my car and noticed that the drivers side seems to be sitting around a little bit higher than the passenger side in the rear. Is that a blown shock or other suspension component? Does anyone else's G70 have this issue?
Shocks have nothing to do with ride height. They just dampen motion. Springs control ride height. You could have a broken spring, or maybe some other suspension component. Did you make any measurements, or are you just going by sight? Is it possible that you have a heavy body in the trunk that has shifted to that side?

G-729210

Shocks have nothing to do with ride height. They just dampen motion. Springs control ride height. You could have a broken spring, or maybe some other suspension component. Did you make any measurements, or are you just going by sight? Is it possible that you have a heavy body in the trunk that has shifted to that side?
I have lowering springs that i am going to install. Should i get this checked out at the dealership before i install them. The drivers side can fit 3 fingers in the wheel gap with a little bit of room but the passenger side barely fits 3.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SahilG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have lowering springs that i am going to install. Should i get their checked out before i install them? The drivers side can fit 3 fingers with room between the tire and fender but the passenger side can barely fit 3 fingers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have lowering springs that i am going to install. Should i get their checked out before i install them? The drivers side can fit 3 fingers with room between the tire and fender but the passenger side can barely fit 3 fingers.
Maybe the guy at the factory where they set the body on chassis at the plant has skinnier fingers than the guy on the other side.

Out of curiosity, I used a piece of paper and measured from the finder to the wheel so a tire difference would be less an issue. Both sides are equal. Do you have anything in the trunk?

I have no idea what the tolerance, if any, would be. Probably more accurate would be to measure from fender to ground. That way someone else can confirm if they are the same.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Make sure you're on level ground when checking it.

SahilG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just measured from ground to fender
Rear Drivers Side: 27 and 3/8 inch
Rear Passenger Side: 26 and 7/8 inch
Can anyone confirm that they have the same or different gap?