DVD screens for the Ultimate's rear seats

thefoodieguy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Good Evening Everyone,

Does anybody know if there is a way that my daughters can watch the DVD movie playing on the back of the front seats, WHILE listening through headphones? Is the only way (for them to listen to the movie Frozen), through the Equus' stereo system? I would like them to enjoy the movie through headphones, while I can listen to the radio. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Eric

miamibeach

Hi thefoodieguy,

I've been interested in the same question. Got a new Ultimate a month ago. From what I heard/read so far, we might have a solution with some IR headset. I am not certain specifically what to purchase or how this will work. But I am interested in a solution to this issue as well.

Some ideas:
- Could we pair a typically bluetooth headset?
- Could we use the USB or AUX port for sound output?

Cheers!

jenick29

Are there any answers to this question? Getting ready to close the deal on a 2016 Equus Ultimate and even our Equus certified tech doesn't know how we connect headphones so we don't have to listen to the movie the kids are watching in the backseat. This seams pretty ridiculous to me since my 2001 Town & Country had this function 14 years ago! Anyone? BTW, downloaded the new app, and not a word about it anywhere.

NYC NY
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Greetings
I had the same question. Unfortunately there is no way to do an after market installation of anything with the video screens. What ever dialogue is on the DVD will be broadcast to all occupants via the sound system.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.