Dynomax Super Turbo 17733 - perfect oem replacement

klement1

Hasn't posted much yet...
Desperately seeking a nice deep tone without drone I started inquiring here and asking others the best muff to replace the stocker to get a little more sound (more power is a bonus). With previous experience working on TBSS, Jeep SRT8, Charger SRT8, Dakota R/T, Mustang 5.0 (2012), and others we all know where catbacks give the best HP they are also an expensive upgrade. I tried the Borla XS, Flowmaster super 40 and super 50, Dynomax VT and Dynomax super turbo. The Super Turbo was my fave. It had the best all around sound without drone. Sound is highly opinionated by all but if you want a great sound muff when you hijack your cats this is an excellent option and easy to do if you find a muff shop that has custom pipe bending available. Looks just like stock and sounds like a V8. The key is getting a 5x8 case muff or smaller with center input and staggered output to line up with the stock outlets. Your installer will hack the square outlets off the stock muffs and weld on the new muffs (AFTER YOU APPROVE THE WAY IT SOUNDS). The entire test process (tack welding the assortment of muffs in place to ride around the block) took about 2 hrs with final installation. I highly recommend ordering a few you want to try from Amazon if your installer doesnt have in stock and try them out. My total investment was $200 with muffs and installation.

Borla XS - higher pitched sound, drone, but sound great at WOT
Dynomax VT - almost identical to super turbo. A little quieter at idle.
Flowmaster super 40 - too loud. drone at idle and WOT. sounded like my mustang
Flowmaster super 50 - not too much drone. sounded good but too much like my mustang.
Dynomax Super Turbo - Deep at idle and amazing and smooth at WOT.

klement1

sorry guys no videos. They dont do anything any justice at all (poor quality mics and speakers playing it back). If you want to get more sound and performance from your Genesis it will take your ears to make the choice.

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Exactly why I want a video.

Even with your poor quality mic, I can playback with above average speakers. Plus, everyone else is taking videos with poor quality mics so it is an apples to apples comparison.

Let see those vids!

shagnat

Registered Member
How'd you get all that done for $200. From what I can find, the mufflers alone (no installation etc.) are slightly over $200/pr.

How'd you do it?

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
How'd you get all that done for $200. From what I can find, the mufflers alone (no installation etc.) are slightly over $200/pr.

How'd you do it?
If you have an Advance Auto Parts nears you.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_5291526-P_x_x?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-GPLA-_-5291526&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=5291526&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&gclid=CJGk7ZuvybwCFcdQOgodQjwADw#utm_source=acq&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=gpla&utm_content=5291526

Coupon Code: WD7
Come out to $81.89 shipped for two mufflers

SicEmJN

Is it possible for you to share a picture of the Super Turbo fitment? According to Dynomax, the Super Turbo 17333 and VT mufflers both have 4.25 x 9.75 body. I'm curious how the Super Turbo's went in with "OEM" fitment while others on the forum have given up on similarly sized VT mufflers up due to fitment issues. Does the .5" shorter overall length make the difference?

LandoAWD

Registered Member
I just had the MSAs and these Dynomax installed. The OP was dead on.
Minor drone when the trans is gear hunting/lugging on the cusp of downshifting, but fantastic overall sound.

I even took a fitment pic because I remembered this thread, and thought it useful.

RVOLVR

Registered Member
I even took a fitment pic because I remembered this thread, and thought it useful.

So is that center inlet, offset exit? Do these reduce drone the same way the VT does with the padded flapper?

ED 718

Registered Member
I just had the MSAs and these Dynomax installed. The OP was dead on.
Minor drone when the trans is gear hunting/lugging on the cusp of downshifting, but fantastic overall sound.

Do you have any part numbers for the parts?

ED 718

Registered Member
Apart from the one in the thread title, no...
that should be good enough I hope. So all you did was swap out for the mufflers and deleted the cats or just did the mufflers. I am a bit confused if using JUST swapping the mufflers will do any difference at all.

LandoAWD

Registered Member
that should be good enough I hope. So all you did was swap out for the mufflers and deleted the cats or just did the mufflers. I am a bit confused if using JUST swapping the mufflers will do any difference at all.
All you need is that number.
You'd get a tone change with just the muffler but I went just short of doing an xpipe due to drone worries. I like that I can be on the highway and have near stock exhaust sound at light throttle.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.