• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Easy Access Function 3-16 etc, Convenience Feature

samavam@msn.com

Sustaining Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
After setting my steering wheel, seat, etc I save the settings and off I go.

When finished with my trip and power down, I open the door and only the steering wheel returns to the upright position and the seat doesn't move backward for ease of exit . The seat remains in the driving position and not easy for me to exit.

Genesis service said that I keep the seat too high and so I accepted that support however when I returned home I could not find any seat position that I memorized, that would slide back upon exit.

Anyone having the same issue? Or suggest what I am doing wrong.

Sam.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Did you set the exit position in the memory settings? In the G80 there are two exit settings, back and farther back (forgot the listing names). I think it's under the Comfort list.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
SAM
Hope that is your name.
If you look under settings, convenience, seat easy access. Make sure the seats are set to normal or extended.
If this setting is at none the seats will not go back for you.
The setting for the steering wheel has it's own setting. So that can work but not the seats.
Check page 3-93 in the owners manual for the settings.
Hope this helps. If these settings are normal or extended let me know and will look for more
information to help. Sounds to me like you have the steering easy access only turned on

ogogolby

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Had the same issue when I got mine but Hyundai/Genesis does a good job with options. Just got a 018 new G90 5.0 and even more sophisticated. (wife got the 80) Interesting that I got a loaner and it was a Sonata. Incredibly similar!?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It will only go back if it determines that your seat is forward enough to warrant it to push back. But if it already set close to the door pillar, it won't go back anymore.

pops

Sustaining Member
OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It requires a one additional button push, but I set my seat and steering wheel where I want them to be when I get out of the car and set it to button 3 on the preset seat positions. Works for me.

samavam@msn.com

Sustaining Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Seems like an easy work around. Thanks

samavam@msn.com

Sustaining Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
SAM
Hope that is your name.
If you look under settings, convenience, seat easy access. Make sure the seats are set to normal or extended.
If this setting is at none the seats will not go back for you.
The setting for the steering wheel has it's own setting. So that can work but not the seats.
Check page 3-93 in the owners manual for the settings.
Hope this helps. If these settings are normal or extended let me know and will look for more
information to help. Sounds to me like you have the steering easy access only turned on
Thanks for your reply. Got it figured out.

pops

Sustaining Member
OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have mine set on further back in the set up, but I believe the seat and the steering wheel will travel even further out of the way by setting a seat memory switch. I like the seat fully back the steering wheel full up and retracted so I can fall out of the car unencumbered.

JIMI

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It will only go back if it determines that your seat is forward enough to warrant it to push back. But if it already set close to the door pillar, it won't go back anymore.
Why not retract it all the way?