Easy Driveway Mod For Your Inner 16 Year Old! - BOV Video

JagGill

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Great work and thx for the video. Might be a silly question but does the ECU just re-figure itself to account for the air that's no longer recirculating into the intake? Ie. I'm not going to se a CEL because the ECU feels the intake system is losing air will I?

Demon_GV70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Great work and thx for the video. Might be a silly question but does the ECU just re-figure itself to account for the air that's no longer recirculating into the intake? Ie. I'm not going to se a CEL because the ECU feels the intake system is losing air will I?

The Lambda motor uses speed density or MAP sensors to monitor airflow. It will not affect the calibration in any way. No CEL.

JagGill

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That's great, and could I use a universal SSQV blow off valve in place of the air filter you used?

Demon_GV70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
That's great, and could I use a universal SSQV blow off valve in place of the air filter you used?
I placed the filter on the intake tube until my silicone caps come in which is what I recommend everyone do. The tubes coming from the BOVs should be turned so that they do not take in debris or water. The factory BOVs are electronic solenoids. You won't be able to swap them out for anything else at the moment.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners