Easy entry for driver

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I have set the options for the steering wheel to rise and also for the seat to move back. The steering wheel moves, but the seat doesn’t move (and there’s plenty of room for it to do so). It doesn’t matter whether I pick normal or extended. Am I missing something, or is there a problem?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
This was discussed in another thread. The seat must be pretty far forward for it to move back at all for easy entry.

Gene Purser

Star, MS
Genesis G70
I have to do all kinds of contortions to get into the car with the seat set in the position my wife drives. I found that when I open the door I can hit the memory button for my driving position and the seat quickly moves down and back to make entry much easier.

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I have to do all kinds of contortions to get into the car with the seat set in the position my wife drives. I found that when I open the door I can hit the memory button for my driving position and the seat quickly moves down and back to make entry much easier.
The seat position (and mirrors, steering wheel) should move without hitting the memory choice if you are using the correct key fob. You should hit the set button and then memory 1 OR 2 after your seating position is correct. Make sure that you and your wife each use their “assigned” key fob after that.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I don’t think any US Genesis G90,80,70 have memory associated with key fobs. GaryPSU, where did you get this information???
I apologize. I’m surprised. My former BMW and my wife’s Honda CRV have this, so I incorrectly assumed that it worked that way. I’ve only had the car for two weeks and my wife only drove it once. My bad.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis G70
I apologize. I’m surprised. My former BMW and my wife’s Honda CRV have this, so I incorrectly assumed that it worked that way. I’ve only had the car for two weeks and my wife only drove it once. My bad.
No worries, even GM cars have this feature. I was surprised as well when I discovered that Genesis doesn't do this.

Batsgo

Genesis G70
I have set the options for the steering wheel to rise and also for the seat to move back. The steering wheel moves, but the seat doesn’t move (and there’s plenty of room for it to do so). It doesn’t matter whether I pick normal or extended. Am I missing something, or is there a problem?
My driver seat does not move back far enough for ease of exiting/entering like it should when door is opened IAW manual pg3-15 pg3-83. It is major concern with my G70 so far. After many contacts with Tech reps and customer care that claim this is how it is to work and not move too far back because someone in back seat will get crunched. a cover up, I really tried to prove it is not IAW the advertised Genesis position and should be a corrected defect to meet specs. I believe the fix should be easy to re program the seat to advertized disclosure. It does move back with the switch so its capable. With the seat back it makes it easier to get out and back into the car which is a much desired feature for me. I did find if u use switch to move the seat all the way back b4 u get out, it will move up to normal position when u get in and close the door. So seems there is your fix.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis G70
If it moves back too far the center pillar interferes with exiting. I’m 6’4” and I have no issue exiting with the seat in my driving position.

Comrade904

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the seat? I wonder how hard it would be to send a CANBUS signal to reverse the seat more. I've got a feeling there is a CANBUS line right on the seat.

Can anyone tell if the seat bolts are one time use? I could try to get under there during one of my manic episodes, if I dont have to buy new bolts like some VWs.

Last edited:

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis G70
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the seat? I wonder how hard it would be to send a CANBUS signal to reverse the seat more. I've got a feeling there is a CANBUS line right on the seat.

Can anyone tell if the seat bolts are one time use? I could try to get under there during one of my manic episodes, if I dont have to buy new bolts like some VWs.
Seat bolts are not one time use.

96AD7927-C24B-4963-9092-16D12267F5B6.png

Comrade904

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So far I've backprobed the Connector A on the picture above and gouged two deep cuts into the beautiful red paint. I can send the command to move the seat and I'm searching for a good signal to use to trigger the command. The canbus lines are in the middle of the A connector in the picture above. Pink is CAN high, and Orange is CAN low. They are right next to each other vertically.

The harnesses are clipped to the plastic frame and can be un-clipped to give you extra slack so you may not have to remove the seat. This is easy just grab a socket set and press the sockect on the back of the pin. If the socket is the right size it should pop right out ready to be clipped back in when you are done.

I wish I could see the CANBUS data from a Stinger. I wonder if they are using a different command on the same hardware to move the seat all the way back.

Batsgo

Genesis G70
I have had many back and forth with customer care about getting my seat to move further back when I open the door. I claim it is a defeat from as stated in Genesis disclosure in owner manual pg 3-15 & 3-83. They claim it should not go further since it could hurt a passenger getting squeezed behind the seat. From 2 dealer tech and 3 or so service rep they agree from the disclosures it should move back enough for ease on exiting and entering. Genesis also claim the design is fixed and can not be changed.. But we know it can be changed likely with just a program change since the seats are capable of moving to any spot on its rails. If anyone beaks thru this log jam, please pass it on.
Ted

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
I have had many back and forth with customer care about getting my seat to move further back when I open the door. I claim it is a defeat from as stated in Genesis disclosure in owner manual pg 3-15 & 3-83. They claim it should not go further since it could hurt a passenger getting squeezed behind the seat. From 2 dealer tech and 3 or so service rep they agree from the disclosures it should move back enough for ease on exiting and entering. Genesis also claim the design is fixed and can not be changed.. But we know it can be changed likely with just a program change since the seats are capable of moving to any spot on its rails. If anyone beaks thru this log jam, please pass it on.
Ted
Just set your #2 memory position to all the way back.

It is what it is...it’s a safety measure for rear passengers. Makes 100% sense.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Comrade904

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Thats the gap I'm trying to bridge. At this point I have identified the position 2 command on the canbus. My intent is to find the signal that activates the easy entry and then use that to have the car use position 2 instead of the easy entry position.

The minor annoyance would be that position 2 is now wasted. I'm the only driver and you cant change the position while driving so that is not a problem for me. However, If there WAS a different command that the Stinger was using that would be a cleaner solution.

The Pie in the Sky solution would be to also read if the rear passenger seatbelt has been used recently to switch between the two easy entry modes, but who knows if that is possible.

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
Just set your #2 memory position to all the way back.

It is what it is...it’s a safety measure for rear passengers. Makes 100% sense.
Came here to say this. If you are the only person driving the car, then this is basically the fix. Perfection is the enemy of the good.

Comrade904

Registered Member
Genesis G70
That is my current solution but with having to replace the leather twice in 9,000 miles, once after less than 2,000 miles. I want more protection than just my own memory.

btw driver seat leather replacement costs more than $1,200 usd if you have the red trim.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums