Easy entry for driver

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have set the options for the steering wheel to rise and also for the seat to move back. The steering wheel moves, but the seat doesn’t move (and there’s plenty of room for it to do so). It doesn’t matter whether I pick normal or extended. Am I missing something, or is there a problem?

Gene Purser

Star, MS
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have to do all kinds of contortions to get into the car with the seat set in the position my wife drives. I found that when I open the door I can hit the memory button for my driving position and the seat quickly moves down and back to make entry much easier.

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have to do all kinds of contortions to get into the car with the seat set in the position my wife drives. I found that when I open the door I can hit the memory button for my driving position and the seat quickly moves down and back to make entry much easier.
The seat position (and mirrors, steering wheel) should move without hitting the memory choice if you are using the correct key fob. You should hit the set button and then memory 1 OR 2 after your seating position is correct. Make sure that you and your wife each use their “assigned” key fob after that.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don’t think any US Genesis G90,80,70 have memory associated with key fobs. GaryPSU, where did you get this information???
I apologize. I’m surprised. My former BMW and my wife’s Honda CRV have this, so I incorrectly assumed that it worked that way. I’ve only had the car for two weeks and my wife only drove it once. My bad.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I apologize. I’m surprised. My former BMW and my wife’s Honda CRV have this, so I incorrectly assumed that it worked that way. I’ve only had the car for two weeks and my wife only drove it once. My bad.
No worries, even GM cars have this feature. I was surprised as well when I discovered that Genesis doesn't do this.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.