3.3T Ecu tune

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone tested out an ecu tune yet (ecu remap or reflash) on the G70 3.3T. If so how are the performance gains and have you had any problems with it since doing it.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Which is unfortunate, really. I'm hopeful we will someday get access to a really nice ECU re-flash or replacement which allows datalogging. If we had the ECU manage everything without any skewing from a piggyback, we would be able to run higher boost from both the stock turbos or bigger aftermarket turbos while still using 91 octane pump gas safely.

Even so, the JB4, for now, seems to be the next best thing. It's fantastic to have datalogging capability on a piggyback unit, and it's pretty dang smart for what it is. Even so, a piggyback is a piggyback, and it will always rely on skewing multiple sensor inputs to trick the ECU into allowing certain parameters go beyond what it thinks is safe... Which still creates potential problems or inefficiencies, such as less than ideal valve timing and ignition timing.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Which is unfortunate, really. I'm hopeful we will someday get access to a really nice ECU re-flash or replacement which allows datalogging. If we had the ECU manage everything without any skewing from a piggyback, we would be able to run higher boost from both the stock turbos or bigger aftermarket turbos while still using 91 octane pump gas safely.

Even so, the JB4, for now, seems to be the next best thing. It's fantastic to have datalogging capability on a piggyback unit, and it's pretty dang smart for what it is. Even so, a piggyback is a piggyback, and it will always rely on skewing multiple sensor inputs to trick the ECU into allowing certain parameters go beyond what it thinks is safe... Which still creates potential problems or inefficiencies, such as less than ideal valve timing and ignition timing.
A proper flash would be amazing, changing shift points, higher launch rpm, etc. Things a piggyback dreams of doing. Hopefully one day we will see OBD2 flashing, maybe by the time we’re all out of our original warranty periods haha

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What about on the website damnfastdd.com, (I believe its tork motorsports) is that an ecu tune they are offering or what exactly is it? Thanks for the help and sharing of knowledge.

Last edited:

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What about on the website superddfast, (I believe its tork motorsports) is that an ecu tune they are offering or what exactly is it? Thanks for the help and sharing of knowledge.
It’s the Tork tune I posted above. If you want more info like I said, go to the stinger forum, search Tork tune review and take a gander. No one here has it

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What about on the website damnfastdd.com, (I believe its tork motorsports) is that an ecu tune they are offering or what exactly is it? Thanks for the help and sharing of knowledge.

In addition to what others just said, I'm not sure if that ECU flash is applicable on our cars... There *might* be some slightly different software in ours to where it may not work. Obviously the only way to find out would be to get a hold of tork....don't know if they'll even respond though.

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's a FB group for our engines.
The Tork guy is always at Buger's throat about anything and everything!
Pretty entertaining 3.3t/2.0t perfomance discussion

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which one is better and more reliable? Im leaning towards getting the JB4 because of the cheaper price and well known brand name, but can you (or anyone) tell me the difference between the JB4 and the LAP3
JB4...customer support alone makes it a winner.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is a Lap3 tuned G70 to 450hp. JB4 can easily do the same and I'm not intending to compare the two. More the fact that this car seems to hit 60 mph in 3.5 to 3.6 seconds. Is the video timing accurate??

If so, that's pretty incredible for anyone using any of the tuning solutions!

..Oh ya and it's compared to a GS-F, which is handily out accelerates.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums