ECU update available for the Electronic Throttle Control

indo

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hey just brought my genesis to the dealer on Tuesday of this week, I got an engine light and the car went into to "limp home" mode.

After turning it off and starting it back up, the car drove fine but I wanted to get the light reset.

Apparently there was an issue with the stock ECU coding that syncs up the pedal with the throttle body. Mine went out of whack and it was a quick fix and now I have the most up-to-date ECU coding which solves the problem.

If you've had any undesirable throttle responses or just want to get the newest code I'm sure your local dealer will hook you up for free like they did for me.

-iNdo

oldjohn

I just received TSB 12/FL/018, which reset the throttle controls on my 2012 GC 3.8 Track. The motor would run, but had no power. Hyundai Roadside put my car on a flatbed and took it to a dealer for the updated software/firmware(?). If you have not had this TSB applied to your car, I suggest you ask for it by name the next time you are at a Hyundai dealer.

This is a serious enough disablement, that it should be a campaign, if not a recall. IMHO.

oldjohn

Update: at my next service, the throttle body was cleaned as a warranty response to intermittent throttle sticking around 2000 rpm. I was told if I had any issues with a sticking throttle, they would replace the throttle body. That is what happened next and it significantly improved how the engine ran -- smoother power during acceleration and less drastic engine braking every time I let up on the gas. Overall, it is much easier to drive smoothly when in a conservative state of mind.