• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Eibach stinger sway bars installed

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wanted to let everyone know the stinger away bars are the same and fit with no issues. Huge improvement in ride handling definitely recommend getting a set. View attachment 21722
So I’ve never had sways but always been interested, reducing body roll would be nice.

However, what kind of extra maintenance do these require? IE greasing every couple months, etc

Do sways require an alignment?

What made you pick sways over springs?

Thank you for educating me!

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have eibach lowering springs as well
The stock sway bars do not have grease ports but these do. I'll probably grease them once a year.
They do not require an alignment.
They do reduce body roll and also help with that shimmy the g70 has. I don't know if you guys feel it or not but I noticed with my g70
Sometime the back end feels a bit loose after hitting a bump in the road.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The stock sway bars do not have grease ports but these do. I'll probably grease them once a year.
They do reduce body roll and also help with that shimmy the g70 has. I don't know if you guys feel it or not but I noticed with my g70
Thanks for the info!

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you know why the stock ones don’t need to be greased and aftermarket ones do?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Most likely due to the stock away bar bushings being rubber, and the eibachs being polyurethane. The poly bushings are harder, but essentially plastic, and many people say that greasing them to prevent friction can help them last longer.

From what I've seen in the past (10-15 years ago) polyurethane bushings seemed to have a shorter life than OEM rubber bushings. I haven't seen any definitive proof about making them last longer by greasing them, but most subscribe to that logic, as it makes sense.

Also, my own experience may not even be applicable. For all I know, polyurethane bushings have much better formulas than how they used to be.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Most likely due to the stock away bar bushings being rubber, and the eibachs being polyurethane. The poly bushings are harder, but essentially plastic, and many people say that greasing them to prevent friction can help them last longer.

From what I've seen in the past (10-15 years ago) polyurethane bushings seemed to have a shorter life than OEM rubber bushings. I haven't seen any definitive proof about making them last longer by greasing them, but most subscribe to that logic, as it makes sense.

Also, my own experience may not even be applicable. For all I know, polyurethane bushings have much better formulas than how they used to be.
I guess the question then becomes...why does no one seem to be making stiffer sways with rubber bushings? I’d be more inclined to buy a more OEM like mod than one I have to worry about greasing myself, no matter how little you have to do it. Just curious cus it seems like the obvious thing for the aftermarket to do

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
if a guy is looking to make real vehicle dynamics/handling impact for the least amount of effort and cash, sway bar upgrades are pretty much the best bang-for-buck mod on the list. i suspect this thread, or other sway bar threads, will grow exponentially in coming months and years. just like on almost any other performance-oriented car forum.

i installed eibach sways on my previous G37S. amazing results, much flatter cornering and sharper turn-in response. no sacrifice in straight line (bump) motion, but noticeable improvement while cornering. super easy install, basic tools, and ~60 minutes of DIY time. no alignment needed - this does not affect alignment hard points.

another bonus was that after 8 years when i sold my G37S i removed the eibach sways (reinstalled the OEM bars) and sold them on craigslist for 3/4 of what i paid for them new. so 8 years of use cost me very little.

i had to regrease my sways after ~6 years or so, but these new G70 sways have grease zerks which makes greasing a snap. wish my G37S sways had that. i had to re+re them which was another 60 minutes of my time.

this is a mod that's on my mind for the G70 for sure.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess the question then becomes...why does no one seem to be making stiffer sways with rubber bushings? I’d be more inclined to buy a more OEM like mod than one I have to worry about greasing myself, no matter how little you have to do it. Just curious cus it seems like the obvious thing for the aftermarket to do
Because the poly bushings are stiffer/harder than rubber bushings, which amplifies the effectiveness of the sway bar. Also, most people see poly bushings as an 'upgrade' to stock, so that's another component.

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep, definitely noticed this. Almost like the back end does a little "hop" when going over certain kinds of bumps in the road. Thanks for this info on the Stinger sway bars fitting for the G70. Sounds like these are "plug and play" for the G70 - makes it easy! Especially since I don't have access to a shop to do it myself, if it's easy to swap out then shouldn't be much time for a local shop to do it for me.

The Eibachs are adjustable, yes (front?)? How did you set yours?

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep, definitely noticed this. Almost like the back end does a little "hop" when going over certain kinds of bumps in the road. Thanks for this info on the Stinger sway bars fitting for the G70. Sounds like these are "plug and play" for the G70 - makes it easy! Especially since I don't have access to a shop to do it myself, if it's easy to swap out then shouldn't be much time for a local shop to do it for me.

The Eibachs are adjustable, yes (front?)? How did you set yours?
Yes there is two holes to pick from I used the stiffer option.

Attachments

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds like these are "plug and play" for the G70 - makes it easy! Especially since I don't have access to a shop to do it myself, if it's easy to swap out then shouldn't be much time for a local shop to do it for me.
^ that's the great part about this mod - you don't need your own shop. just jack up the front on jack stands and re+re the old bars with the new bars, then do the rear. no fancy hydraulic shop lift required. it'll take longer to drive to the shop and wait for them, have them do the work, then drive home.

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ that's the great part about this mod - you don't need your own shop. just jack up the front on jack stands and re+re the old bars with the new bars, then do the rear. no fancy hydraulic shop lift required. it'll take longer to drive to the shop and wait for them, have them do the work, then drive home.
Well sure if you have more than a multi-screwdriver tool, bottle opener and hammer in your tool kit ...

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ this. is. good. I'll have to borrow some jack stands from someone and do it myself. I don't mind basic re+re when the part is truly "plug and play". I have shop tools, not auto tools. But looks like socket set and jacks stands it all that's needed. Thanks for the info.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Front sway bar is really easy to install. Rear is a pain in the a$$. The fuel fill and vent lines are in the way. Takes a bit longer to do the rear.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yup, the rear is often a bit more time consuming due to other parts that interfere, but no big deal. not difficult, just takes a bit more time to snake the bar in there.

as for tools required, just a basic socket set will do the trick - aside from the jack/stands.

ephone1

Registered Member
Just wanted to let everyone know the stinger away bars are the same and fit with no issues. Huge improvement in ride handling definitely recommend getting a set.
How did you ultimately figure out they would fit? It makes sense that they would based on the shared platform with the Stinger, but I called Eibach back in June and they couldn't say they would fit the G70 for sure.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How did you ultimately figure out they would fit? It makes sense that they would based on the shared platform with the Stinger, but I called Eibach back in June and they couldn't say they would fit the G70 for sure.
I found out the lowering springs fit from a Korean YouTube video and I found out the sway bars fit cuz I asked the nice people at shark racing what the difference between the g70 and stinger bars they offer was and they said there is no difference. I didn't order the shark racing sway bars though haha someone gotta try it right. I ordered the agency power intercooler for a stinger as well and that fits good.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums