• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Eibach stinger sway bars installed

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the standard K&N cold air filters and they’re fairly tight!
That's what I've heard! We will see soon enough. If the bigger ones don't fit, I can just return them (summit racing has a decent return policy).

the aem filters are pretty large i dont think you would need anything bigger
Agreed. It may not need them, but it *wants* them! 😉

Mutlu

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Do you have the Eibach part numbers for the spring and sway bars?

Would love to give them a try as well.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also ordered the AEM intake for a stinger without knowing it would fit. From what iv seen so far the g70 and stinger use the same parts bin. suspension and drive train are identical. I'm guessing the drive shaft is longer on the stinger though.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have the Eibach part numbers for the spring and sway bars?

Would love to give them a try as well.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Canadian website I bought them from

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am looking to install 20mm spacers as well.

Do you think it will rub?
Mine doesn't rub. If u put 3 adults in the back with a few suitcases it might rub

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No Genesis yet, but I’m assuming the G70 has full sway bars, I’m guessing the after markets are a larger diameter vs the stock sway bars? I had an older Camero in my high school days and installed a Rancho sway bar set. Much larger diameter than stock, polyurethane bushings vs rubber and adjustable end tie rods so you could pre-load the sway bar based on track conditions. The stiffer sway bar did affect ride quality some. You hit a bump only on one side, the sway bar becomes a torsion bar. The larger diameter bars help hold the car flatter in curves, but bumps, at least in my Camero were amplified to a degree. So using the after markets on the G70 no one has noticed a stiffer ride, or amplified bumps when hitting a bump only on one side?

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wanted to let everyone know the stinger away bars are the same and fit with no issues. Huge improvement in ride handling definitely recommend getting a set. View attachment 21722
Thanks for posting this. I've used Eibach bars before on other cars with no issues. Good bang for the buck handling-wise.
How difficult was it to replace the rear bar? It looks like it's really up in there, and you can't even see the mounting brackets, at least from below. In this pic I took, it's the narrow black bar above the half shaft.

IMG_20190826_164520.jpg

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for posting this. I've used Eibach bars before on other cars with no issues. Good bang for the buck handling-wise.
How difficult was it to replace the rear bar? It looks like it's really up in there, and you can't even see the mounting brackets, at least from below. In this pic I took, it's the narrow black bar above the half shaft.

View attachment 22570
It's a real pain because of the fuel fill and vent lines on the driver side
You got to losen the fuel lines . Passenger side is tight but can be done.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
BTW, in case anyone is interested, the sway bar diameter (at least on the 3.3T Design Edition) is 22mm front and a wimpy 16mm rear.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Unlikely.

In fact, I doubt any Hyundai/Genesis tech would even recognize it installed in the car.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question about the sway bars. Do they void the factory warranty?
^ the only warranty item that could be voided would have to be directly related to the sway bar connections, such as connecting rods. anything outside of suspension components directly related to the sway bars would not be impacted. even then, HMA would need to show that the aftermarket parts resulted in premature failure of related parts, if that was a concern.

i.e. your engine warranty would not be impacted by aftermarket sway bars.

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why did you choose Eibach. Ark makes sway bars that are bigger in diameter than Eibach. Just trying to make the best decision before purchase.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums