• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Eibach stinger sway bars installed

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds reasonable to me. Only possible issue with the Ark is they don't appear to have the port for re-greasing down the road when necessary.

rkar

Registered Member
So guys, question for you guys that are lowered. Eibach or ARK springs??? I like the look of the eibach's much more. Anyone else?

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I bought the Ark sway bars. Is there a secret to getting the nut loose on the sway bar link. I put an allen wrench in but couldn't break it loose. Any suggestions.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I bought the Ark sway bars. Is there a secret to getting the nut loose on the sway bar link. I put an allen wrench in but couldn't break it loose. Any suggestions.
No secret you just need to use and wrench and hold the center with the Allen key. will be easy if you have a speed wrench or a whole through socket set.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, after a long frustrating day and a little from my son and his tools. I got the Ark sway bars installed. Test drive showed an incredible difference from stock.
That's great! Was it the rear bar that was hard, or just the fasteners?

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The driver side has the fuel lines right in the way. I could barely get a socket on, especially the bolt on the left. when I did, I could only move enough to make 1 click on the socket. So it was very long and painful. A short or stubby socket wrench would have made things much easier. Also, loosening the nut on the sway bar link was a challenge for me. The front was more difficult than the back. I didn't want to mess with the fuel lines. If those were out of the way, wouldn't have been hard at all. I am not terribly mechanically inclined. I do anesthesia all day, much better at putting IVs in than using tools. I choose the Arks because they had 2 screw holes so no worrrying about lining the bar up straight. I got the Ark folks to cut me a discount by telling them everyone else was using Eibach products. The bars listed for $475 USD, I got them for $431 including shipping fees. Also, They are thicker than the Eibach. They only have 1 position for placement and don't have grease nipples. I used more grease on the back because the front is much easier to get to if re-greasing is needed in the future. Will upload some pictures shortly.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had a hard time deciding which set of sway bars to go with, Ark looks nice but isn't adjustable and has no grease fittings, Eibach is adjustable and has grease fittings but has no collars to hold the front sway bar bushings in place (someone on Stinger forum had a bushing pop out of the front bar during a motocross event), Whiteline has locking collars but appears to have no grease fittings, and the Whiteline lateral links seem to have threads that aren't proper length for AWD usage. None of the kits are perfect, hence my difficulty in choosing one.

Thakid22

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had a hard time deciding which set of sway bars to go with, Ark looks nice but isn't adjustable and has no grease fittings, Eibach is adjustable and has grease fittings but has no collars to hold the front sway bar bushings in place (someone on Stinger forum had a bushing pop out of the front bar during a motocross event), Whiteline has locking collars but appears to have no grease fittings, and the Whiteline lateral links seem to have threads that aren't proper length for AWD usage. None of the kits are perfect, hence my difficulty in choosing one.
Eibachs in my opinion are the right choice.
The grease fittings are important, because squeak is likely after you’ve added some miles. Those fittings allow you to easily remedy this.

Additionally, Eibach sways are two position. There is a firm hole and a firmer hole. Contrary to what you’ll read on a lot of forums, stiffer sways do effect ride quality. People assume that because the bar just rotates (adding no stiffness or firmness) when both wheels on an axle hit a bump at the same time that ride quality won’t be changed. Fact is, rarely do both wheels on an axle move in unison. You’ll only truly find this perfect condition on speed bumps or dips that you hit straight on. In this state, the bars act is if they are not there and won’t stiffen the ride.

However, on real roads, no surface is completely smooth or level. The left and right wheels roll over slightly different terrain at all times (because they are on opposite sides of the car). Those wheels are always moving up and down independently of each other, even if just a small amount. This doesn’t make the ride “hard”, so much as it can make it jittery over a those varying surfaces. A stiffer bar will always add more wheel rate (firmness) during both compression and rebound stroke when the wheels are moving in different direction. More wheel rate means more stiffness in those conditions.

The Eibachs dual holes let you choose a softer or harder setting for the bar that can allow you to account for such jitter depending on whether you don’t notice it or if you find it bothersome.
The firmness options are a good thing.

As you mentioned, the Eibachs don’t have collars and that can lead to bar shift and bushing deterioration. The solution is to buy the Eibachs and add aftermarket bar collars to hold them in place.

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have RWD, and also went back and forth before deciding. So far, very happy with my decision. I have no way to give you a comparison, but The Arks fit perfectly for me.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just did a little research (emphasis on little) that says that a thicker/more stiff bar may increase the impact your feel from a single tire hitting a bump. So have you guys noticed any issues/jarring with the new sway bars when driving over rougher roads?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums