Elbow swelling from center console

DJG

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm sure it's a pain point for a lot of you. Has anyone found a decent memory foam padding solution? It's been a frustrating search because the armrest has the double doors that open from the side. Help please my elbow will thank you.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Good point. Those center opening consoles are nothing but trouble. They’re awkward to use and painful to lean on. What were they thinking!? You may be gefuctht.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Ok here is my solution.

These are office chair arm rests. $16 from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVTBLNZ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They strap around the lid and allow full access, made of memory foam and 1.5” high so comfortable to rest your arm on.

I made a thread asking the same question several months ago, but it had no real response so I never updated my findings.

Kind of glad to know I’m not the only one with this complaint.

While these don’t look the greatest, they are very functional, which is more important to me.

E8E2D1F4-20F5-456A-8B8F-82929EB4B9C8.jpeg5C2A3FEE-FCDC-4492-86B2-AD4B04986B95.jpeg

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I didn't know this was a thing. I haven't ever had an issue with arm or joint pain using the center opening armrests. My arm sits comfortably in the groove and my hand rest nicely on the gear shift as I drive.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I didn't know this was a thing. I haven't ever had an issue with arm or joint pain using the center opening armrests. My arm sits comfortably in the groove and my hand rest nicely on the gear shift as I drive.
Guess it depends on your size/height and driving position.

For me the console is too low so I have to lean to the right to rest my arm, doing so results in pressure directly the elbow joint and results in numbness and shoulder pain after awhile.

These pads allow me to test my arm while remaining seated upright with no pressure on the elbow. Nearly 2” difference in the height of where the elbow sits.

GEE80

Hasn't posted much yet...
wilton, ct
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2018 Genesis G80 awd ultimate, never had an issue with mine but then again I never lean on it, just res my arm.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.