• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Electrical Gremlins- Door locks and window?

Gsragtop

Hasn't posted much yet...
Bluffton SC
Hello all, a few weeks in and I still love my car. Its just such a great driver.. One issue has been driving me batty though, my power door locks will intermittently not work at random. Also my rear drivers side window which has not worked since I purchased the car, today mysteriously started working !?!?!?!
Lets start with the door locks, they will randomly work (lock and unlock), and sometimes they will not work. This seems to be completely random, and not only that but it effects different doors at different times. When I go to unlock the doors, sometimes I will notice the lock move but not completely lock. When this happens the key fob, nor button will work. Then majically a little while later its fine.
As for the rear power window, when I purchased the car it did not work on any switch. I had not had the time to take the door panel off to check it out, and then today it started working fine !!!

I am hoping you guys can tell me where to start because I have no idea.

THANKS!!

carguy6554

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a similar problem with mine. 2013. for three years. Randomly go down, stay down, switches dokn't work, then magically go back up. Dealer can't re;licate problem Has car for weeks at a time. Driving me nuts. Anybody else?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a similar problem with mine. 2013. for three years. Randomly go down, stay down, switches dokn't work, then magically go back up. Dealer can't re;licate problem Has car for weeks at a time. Driving me nuts. Anybody else?
Does in happen during or shortly after a car wash or rain? Water would be my first check.

carguy6554

Genesis Model Type
Does in happen during or shortly after a car wash or rain? Water would be my first check.
Current episode started halfway through a car wash. Messy????? Dried it up, and several days thereafter both rear windows had a mind of their own.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Current episode started halfway through a car wash. Messy????? Dried it up, and several days thereafter both rear windows had a mind of their own.
Oh, I can't imagine the panic to see a window go down in the car wash. Could be the specific door or could be the controls in the driver door.
Sounds water related. Could be getting into a switch, connector or something like that. I'd remove the door panels and check for it. I'd also tape or silicone seal all the connectors or any place you think a drip could get in. You may be lucky and see where water entered or puddled.

shahhere

Getting familiar with the group...
Montgomeryville, PA area
Genesis Model Type
I have a 2012 and i guess its doing something similar but not as consistently as yours.
- My passenger side door will not lock/unlock majority of the time with the other doors and sounds like an issue with the door lock actuator.
- My door will all lock/unlock a few times 3/4 times randomly.

I don't have warranty anymore and did not purchase the extended warranty so I guess my options would be to take it to a dealer at 300/400 cost or purchase and extended warranty around $2600.

Shahhere