Electrified GV70 EV to debut Nov. 19

whisk33

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Maybe they can pump some fake ICE exhaust notes into these electric vehicles so we can feel like we are not driving a golf cart.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I've always been surprised that people want loud engine sounds. It's counter to everything that I would want, but from the very beginning of car louder meant more/faster and our tiny brains could never forget that I guess. Give me a quiet engine any day. I thought it was weird when the first hybrids would shut off the ICE, but I love the lack of noise in the electric cars I've been in. I'm excited to see where the Gv70 electric goes, but I'm hoping my. 3.5 SP model lasts me over 10 years before I get itchy to buy anything new.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Maybe they can pump some fake ICE exhaust notes into these electric vehicles so we can feel like we are not driving a golf cart.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I test drove a Tesla model S performance last year, it's insane how hard it hits and pulls. I have driven a 600HP gas vehicle, and this EV stuff is more impressive (the instant torque). The silent takeoff is certainly odd, but not something to I can't get used to. If there is fake vroom sound, I'll disable it if possible.

I am very very interested in this EV GV70. I liked the idea of the GV60, but it doesn't look quite right, and doesn't make me very "excited", though I am curious. This EV GV70 though, has me thinking about jumping in with both feet.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I test drove a Tesla model S performance last year, it's insane how hard it hits and pulls. I have driven a 600HP gas vehicle, and this EV stuff is more impressive (the instant torque). The silent takeoff is certainly odd, but not something to I can't get used to. If there is fake vroom sound, I'll disable it if possible.

I am very very interested in this EV GV70. I liked the idea of the GV60, but it doesn't look quite right, and doesn't make me very "excited", though I am curious. This EV GV70 though, has me thinking about jumping in with both feet.
I've had my share of loud mustangs. Then I got into a hybrid fusion for my last car and really got to appreciate silence. Also the car as a whole was well built and quiet all around, but sitting at a light with no vibration and no noise, or when the motor would shut off while driving you could really appreciate how quiet and how smooth the electric ride was. The GV70 for me is the quietest car at idle I've ever been in. There are times I can't even feel the motor at idle and I think it's shut off when it's actually running. It's really impressive.

That said there are people that have never been in a fast EV, or maybe never been in an EV at all, who want to talk down about them. Like you said there are EV's with less power that will shame faster ICE cars. It's just the reality of it all. Full torque at 0 RPM and through the entire range is something that some people can't understand.

You can hold on tight to that ICE grip, but EV's are going to be faster (at least in a straight line). It's just reality.

It's the reason why the fastest cars ever produced are all EV's that just came out this year.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Could not disagree more with you lovers of no sound golf cart noise when you go from 0- 60 in 2.3 seconds. I've driven 3 Teslas and no thank you. Generic feeling, bad ergonomics, no soul, no feeling, bad paint and panel gaps.. uhh no thanks.

Why do you think the car companies are still pumping out HP GAS cars like the Vette and a hundred others?? Because people who know how to drive a car and like driving a car and not a computer want that visceral feeling that only a real gas engine and in many cases a great manual or PDK auto transmission can provide. Why do you think old "sports cars" like the Honda S2000 that many gave away are now going for huge money... They are not " collectible" they are desirable for people who want to drive a real car and not a 70k golf cart.

Bring it..

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Could not disagree more with you lovers of no sound golf cart noise when you go from 0- 60 in 2.3 seconds. I've driven 3 Teslas and no thank you. Generic feeling, bad ergonomics, no soul, no feeling, bad paint and panel gaps.. uhh no thanks.

Why do you think the car companies are still pumping out HP GAS cars like the Vette and a hundred others?? Because people who know how to drive a car and like driving a car and not a computer want that visceral feeling that only a real gas engine and in many cases a great manual or PDK auto transmission can provide. Why do you think old "sports cars" like the Honda S2000 that many gave away are now going for huge money... They are not " collectible" they are desirable for people who want to drive a real car and not a 70k golf cart.

Bring it..
I didn't buy that tesla for the reasons you mentioned, ergonomics and quality. The feel was OK'ish, the 2019 and newer "raven" upgrade improved handling some.

I hope this new EV GV70 blends the best of both worlds : quality and power curve & delivery.

I don't know many people that buy cars for the feeling. I do for myself, but most don't. The neutral bland feeling is the target of many car designs lately. I used to have a 2009 altima. I recently drove a 2019 as a rental, they took away all the things I liked about that older altima. the 2019 was the most neutral soulless car I've ever driven.

Why do you think they no longer make the "old sports cars" like the S2000, or Viper, RX7, or a whole slew of other "great" cars? because people don't buy them. The old ones are valuable because there were so few made, and the few that were are all retired or were driven hard.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I read that some of the electrics will have the fake VROOM sound but you must be under 25 for it to work. Had my share of loud cars long ago. I like quiet.

whisk33

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The vroom sound has the same energy as the floppy disk icon. It's gonna take a lot longer and maybe not to the same extent. But same energy imo.

I haven't looked at the press release for the ev gv70, I hope it does well.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I didn't buy that tesla for the reasons you mentioned, ergonomics and quality. The feel was OK'ish, the 2019 and newer "raven" upgrade improved handling some.

I hope this new EV GV70 blends the best of both worlds : quality and power curve & delivery.

I don't know many people that buy cars for the feeling. I do for myself, but most don't. The neutral bland feeling is the target of many car designs lately. I used to have a 2009 altima. I recently drove a 2019 as a rental, they took away all the things I liked about that older altima. the 2019 was the most neutral soulless car I've ever driven.

Why do you think they no longer make the "old sports cars" like the S2000, or Viper, RX7, or a whole slew of other "great" cars? because people don't buy them. The old ones are valuable because there were so few made, and the few that were are all retired or were driven hard.
Stop it with all the logic and common sense please. Lol. I mean, didn't you know that every EV was a golf cart and how all the manufacturers everywhere are making high horsepower gas guzzlers still?

I mean let's just ignore how pretty much every truck has gone to a turbo 4 or turbo 6 cylinder when they used to all be V8's.

We'll also ignore how supercars are going to smaller and smaller motors too, they don't pack them with V12's anymore and rarely have a V10. Almost all of them are going hybrid because guess what, hybrids have EV motors. Supercars have been doing this for years and years now. Because it's faster and more efficient.

But nope, all manufacturers are making gas guzzlers according to some people who missed the memo.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The vroom sound has the same energy as the floppy disk icon. It's gonna take a lot longer and maybe not to the same extent. But same energy imo.

I haven't looked at the press release for the ev gv70, I hope it does well.
If the EV is coming out with dual motors and 350KW, it'll be faster than the 3.5TT we have now. I have the 3.5TT and it's fun as hell to drive. Same interior, essentially same exterior, faster, etc? They're going to hit it out of the park.

Also, as a side benefit it may weigh more (potentially) but the center of gravity will end up being lower than the current ICE version It'll be interesting to see how it handles

I'm genuinely curious if Tesla will bother stepping up their game with cars like Genesis competing with them now. Even the Ford Mach E is a huge step forward when you compare quality.

If Tesla doesn't step up their game I'm curious how much market they'll hold onto when someone gets out of a Tesla test drive and goes to basically any other manufacturer that will have better quality. You'll need to REALLY want a Tesla to still buy one.

Last edited:

Duality

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The expression of sound to me is an indicator of how the car is performing and the engagement I have with the car.

Ev cars are ok, but it’s so artificial and alien to me still. May as well go to the nursing home and have my ass cleaned and my pills administered.

Backslack

Registered Member
Korean press are saying the battery pack is 77.4 kWh. Same as the GV60 and Ioniq 5/EV6.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners