Engine quit while driving

Mjzobrist

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just had my G80 for three weeks and last night on a country road while driving about 50 miles an hour the engine just quit and the car began decelerating. Put in neutral to restart while slowing down but nothing happened. Stop by the side of the road tried to restart two or three times and then waited a few more minutes. Then did restart and no more problem. Checked this morning with scan gauge - no codes. Never had this happen on any prior car. Any ideas?

Coot

Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just had my G80 for three weeks and last night on a country road while driving about 50 miles an hour the engine just quit and the car began decelerating. Put in neutral to restart while slowing down but nothing happened. Stop by the side of the road tried to restart two or three times and then waited a few more minutes. Then did restart and no more problem. Checked this morning with scan gauge - no codes. Never had this happen on any prior car. Any ideas?
No Idea! That's Scary!!

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hope you find out what happened. If this happened to me, I would really want to know what happened as it would be a royal bitch to have my G80 quick on a dark night out in the woods.

onailrof

Getting familiar with the group...
I had something like this happen with my Sonata. It ended up being a defective ignition switch or sensor (If I'm remembering correctly - it was many years ago). I was driving on a three lane road at about 45-50 mph and all the dashboard lights went on and I lost the ability to accelerate. Luckily I was able to coast onto a side street. The car wouldn't start after that and I had to get it towed.

Not sure if you've having the same issue, but worth checking out. Good luck!

Mjzobrist

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I had something like this happen with my Sonata. It ended up being a defective ignition switch or sensor (If I'm remembering correctly - it was many years ago). I was driving on a three lane road at about 45-50 mph and all the dashboard lights went on and I lost the ability to accelerate. Luckily I was able to coast onto a side street. The car wouldn't start after that and I had to get it towed.

Not sure if you've having the same issue, but worth checking out. Good luck!
Dealer has had it for two days and as you expect couldn’t duplicate the problem.
Since yours was a Sonata and didn’t start it was something between the ignition and the starter. Mine did start.
Said no technical bulletins from Hyundai and since couldn’t pull any codes they are out of answers. Technician is going to drive it home tonight keep scan tool on it and check if anything shows up. Grasping for straws.

Mjzobrist

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Update on my problem-

Took to dealership and finally found fuel pump control module code as likely source of problem
Initially no code showed up. This one developed when technician drove car and had same issue

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.