Equus 5.0 V8 Air Intake for 15hp gain!

Thread starter #21

Driv200

Been here awhile...
Central US
Thanks for interest ImInPa. I have sold out of all kits. Many are feeling good and all say everything sounds better! Taking orders for next production run. The graph I posted is "Before/After" horsepower at the wheels. While the dyno shows less horsepower at the wheels than anticipated, the measurement of "Before & After" power increase is evident. On my original thread in the Genesis Sedan forum, I posted torque gains. Sorry I don't have that included here on this thread. With so much proof and record sales of "air intakes", it's not a dabate how much a benefit this application is. After exhaust and air intakes, it gets very expensive to get more horsepower. ;)

Registered Member
You could remove the whole air cleaner and air box and it wouldn't affect mpg on a fuel injected engine. Fuel is computer controlled based on the air flow actually going to the engine. More air could make more power, but not more mpg. When someone makes claims about increased mpg, I would also question his claims about hp.

The one thing that most of these contraptions do is increase intake sound giving the driver the illusion of more power.

Thread starter #24

Driv200

Been here awhile...
Central US
Mark, I agree about your thoughts regarding fuel economy. I had retracted my original MPG claim as being a bit ambitious. This thread is more active on the 5.0
Genesis forum where I had corrected my statement. As for horsepower, I added this part on Dyno and measured a 15hp gain at the wheels in back to back comparisons. I have sold out of these kits and making more. All while getting 1.5mpg better MPG.....but maybe that's just luck. I don't mind negative opinions about my products, but I will always defend my integrity and honesty. We have great cars as Equus owners and are rewarded every
time we drive them. Better sound with better horsepower makes it that much better.

CLOS

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
The fun thing about air kit upgrades is it only takes a screw driver and 15 minutes to put stock box back in. If you want a little more performance and better (AMG/BMW M) sound, the cone air fiters are the rage and are easily the best way to get 15 more wheel horsepower!
I know its been a while but can you send me the info and where you think it would be able to be done? I am not a mechanic and live in Charlotte area. Thanks

Bshatch1

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
Been using the K&N RF-1040 now on three Genesis V8s and my present Equus. This is the largest K&N, in terms of filter area, that I can find. My opinion, the stock oem intake tube works just fine - no need, benefit with an aftermarket tube. You will need a short section of 4" tubing to connect the filter to the intake tube.
In addition, I built a cheap, crude "air dam" around the filter isolating it somewhat from motor heat.

Bshatch1

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Been using the K&N RF-1040 now on three Genesis V8s and my present Equus. This is the largest K&N, in terms of filter area, that I can find. My opinion, the stock oem intake tube works just fine - no need, benefit with an aftermarket tube. You will need a short section of 4" tubing to connect the filter to the intake tube.
In addition, I built a cheap, crude "air dam" around the filter isolating it somewhat from motor heat.

Do you have any pictures?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.