• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Equus great purchase experience!

Billymax

Hasn't posted much yet...
Akron, Ohio
Just before new years I took delivery on my black on black Equus as with any car purchase it is all about the dealer. Ron Marhoffer of Green Ohio was first class. They gave the full treatment and yes without hesitation they let me demo drive my car! I traded my 2010 4.6 Genesis and they were very fair on the trade deal though my car was perfect.

The car has been an extremely satisfying purchase and a great dealer experience for me. As an Equus owner who has had many luxury vehicles, with this purchase I was treated like royalty and though my days of going back to the dealer to set around for service work is through because they come to me I enjoyed the treatment. I've been asked about the car by strangers as much as when I drove my Viper back in 95

This car for the money is a great value and not disappointing in any way.

robthoke

Been here awhile...
Valdosta, Ga
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm glad you are enjoying your new Equus. I haven't even seen one yet. A search of nearby dealers indicate that Jacksonville has one, but right now I have no reason to go there.

Billymax

Akron, Ohio
My 4.6 Genesis is like new. I have my car's detailed every 6 months and frankly it was cleaner than when I took delivery. I also had a winder set of wheels and all weather tires with it. Someone will get a nice car.

Equus1

Just took delivery on my wives car Thursday. Got the car at Allen Samuels in Fort Worth Tx. They do have one black on black left. They are selling the cars at MSRP. Was treated very well. I like the fact that they are bending over backwards to make this brand work.

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
Dealer experience? Let me tell you a story...

The talk of the town here is the blizzard that will likely dump 12-24 inches of snow in 24 hours starting Tuesday afternoon (tomorrow). Today I got an email from the Sales Manager asking if I'd like him to store the Horse for a few days while driving a Vera Cruz with AWD. I did the swap an hour ago, and the Horse is now stabled in a heated garage until Thursday evening. Even if I don't drive in the blizzard (don't intend to), at least the Equus won't be sitting at the train station all day Thursday in the post-storm deep freeze.
To me this is service above and beyond expectations and I'm most appreciative!

Though I already miss the Horse...

Pugi Hyundai
Downers Grove IL
Dave Novak, Sales Manager
(for the record)

waltondc

Registered Member
I too had a great experience in my purchase of an Equus Ultimate. Had a chance to buy one at MSRP in Petersburg, VA (approx. 1.5 hrs away) but wound up going with Duncan Hyundai of Christianburg, VA, 4 hours away (230 mi) for a price well under MSRP. They did not have an Ultimate in-stock at the time and was not able to find one for me on the east coast. They did finally find one in Scottsdale, Arizona that had over $2,000 worth of dealer add-ons such as paint sealant, darkened rear windows, rear emblem replaced with the horse, nitrogen filled tires and a few other things, ALL FREE!!! And how about I got a 20 year, 200,000 mile limited warranty also free. It seems that Mr. Duncan also owns a warranty company.

Kevin Thomas, my sales rep was MORE than willing to bring me my car those 230 miles, but NAH, I didn't think so. That was reserved for me. What a break-in drive that was (S-W-E-E-T). I would highly recommend to anyone wanting not just the red carpet treatment, but a dealership and a sales rep willing to go that extra mile, to contact Kevin Thomas of Duncan Hyundai of Christiansburg, VA.

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
lol... how are they 'bending over backwards' to sell this brand when you say they were selling it at MSRP? not sure I understand that statement... I would hope they are selling it at a huge discount and giving huge premiums for late model Genesis to make this brand work...

IMHO :)

Just took delivery on my wives car Thursday. Got the car at Allen Samuels in Fort Worth Tx. They do have one black on black left. They are selling the cars at MSRP. Was treated very well. I like the fact that they are bending over backwards to make this brand work.

moose66

Been here awhile...
lol... how are they 'bending over backwards' to sell this brand when you say they were selling it at MSRP? not sure I understand that statement... I would hope they are selling it at a huge discount and giving huge premiums for late model Genesis to make this brand work...

IMHO :)
I agree . . . . . whoever is buying at MSRP is the real one "bending over"!

MHT

Been here awhile...
I too had a great experience in my purchase of an Equus Ultimate. Had a chance to buy one at MSRP in Petersburg, VA (approx. 1.5 hrs away) but wound up going with Duncan Hyundai of Christianburg, VA, 4 hours away (230 mi) for a price well under MSRP. They did not have an Ultimate in-stock at the time and was not able to find one for me on the east coast. They did finally find one in Scottsdale, Arizona that had over $2,000 worth of dealer add-ons such as paint sealant, darkened rear windows, rear emblem replaced with the horse, nitrogen filled tires and a few other things, ALL FREE!!! And how about I got a 20 year, 200,000 mile limited warranty also free. It seems that Mr. Duncan also owns a warranty company.

Kevin Thomas, my sales rep was MORE than willing to bring me my car those 230 miles, but NAH, I didn't think so. That was reserved for me. What a break-in drive that was (S-W-E-E-T). I would highly recommend
to anyone wanting not just the red carpet treatment, but a dealership and a sales rep willing to go that extra mile, to contact Kevin Thomas of Duncan Hyundai of Christiansburg, VA.
I just had to reply. I am a native of Petersburg,VA but now live in Indiana. May 2010 I was in Petersburg visiting my father who was in the hospital and I went to that dealership to look at the Genesis. I started to purchase it there but decided to wait until I returned to Indiana. Someone at the hospital had a Genesis and I could see it from my fathers
window, I looked at it all the time trying to decide between it or an MKZ.
My father passed and I returned to Indiana and purchased the Genesis. Needless to say not only do I like the Genesis but it has a special meaning
to me. The sales person at the dealership in Petersburg was very helpful and told me what price I should ask for the car when I got back to Indiana. Enjoy your Equus......

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
I agree . . . . . whoever is buying at MSRP is the real one "bending over"!
Well, in fairness to the original poster/buyer, it's a brand new car with limited supply. We've all seen dealers get away with charging more than sticker, so perhaps in these circumstances MSRP IS a good deal.

Not to say the prices won't come down if demand does too, but for now maybe he did just fine.

moose66

Been here awhile...
Well, in fairness to the original poster/buyer, it's a brand new car with limited supply. We've all seen dealers get away with charging more than sticker, so perhaps in these circumstances MSRP IS a good deal.

Not to say the prices won't come down if demand does too, but for now maybe he did just fine.
Understood. Just saying I can't see paying MSRP for this or any car. Limited supply or not. The same thing was said when the Genesis surfaced in '08. I shopped locally and not one dealer budged from MSRP, or the additional add on sticker price they use. Went to the internet and found exactly what I wanted in a neighboring state, 2 grand below sticker and got a better offer for my trade. So no matter how limited or hot the car is, there are deals to be had if you have some flexibility and/or patience.

setmind

New Equus owner. I purchased mine (Signature) on Jan. 29th on Dublin Hyundai, CA. I paid MSRP. Platinum metallic w/ jet black interior. I received VIP treatment at this dealership. I recommend this dealership to anyone.