equus owners input

Bazzy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Thread starter #1
I purchased a used 2014 Equus about 4 weeks ago. I have read some comments from online searches about mechanical issues with the equus. Owners who have a equus over 60k how does it run? I read a lot a of complaints about alignment and suspension issues. How may owners have had that problem? How is your overall opinion of the car? I am getting a little nervous on these reviews. I have been wanting this car since it came out. I just want to find out any common issues mechanically with the equus. I am not to concerned about leather tears or back up cameras black out. Please just inquiring on something to keep what to look for on the vehicle.

ssgsoja

I purchased a used 2014 Equus about 4 weeks ago. I have read some comments from online searches about mechanical issues with the equus. Owners who have a equus over 60k how does it run? I read a lot a of complaints about alignment and suspension issues. How may owners have had that problem? How is your overall opinion of the car? I am getting a little nervous on these reviews. I have been wanting this car since it came out. I just want to find out any common issues mechanically with the equus. I am not to concerned about leather tears or back up cameras black out. Please just inquiring on something to keep what to look for on the vehicle.
I just got mines 20 Dec 2017. It's a 2014 as well. The dealer is replacing the rear armrest hinges. I found out that was a problem on a lot of Equus'. It's a mad beast on the road with power and smoothness. I'm slowly adjusting to the sound of the engine as I'm used driving Toyota and Lexus vehicles which are very quiet.
I had the navigation on this morning and a Caution light started flashing every 2-3 minutes, showing a picture of the Equus and sending a mild tone. I"m not sure if the traffic on the Navigation was picking up emergency vehicle traffic or what, but I'm nervous as hell now. I'll drive home with the navigation off to see if the same thing happens. I so want to love this car forever, but I'm always nervous when it's not Toyota or Lexus.
'''

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you have the manual? If not you can download it. There should be a section showing the error messages that pop up.

kingsly

UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
I would like to reassure you that the Equus is very reliable , my 2011 Equus signature just turned 160 ,000 kilometers which is 100,000 miles for you yanks . I drive mine in Ontario Canada in severe winter conditions and have had no problems other than a wonky rear bumper proximity sensor after an idiot hit me in amacdonalds drive through while I was stopped . I drive quite heavy on the gas pedal lol as I thoroughly enjoy my v8 .This car won't even wear out brakes ,I love it compared to the Cadillac CTS I had before , equus is far superior and I would never go back. My biggest problem is deciding whether to replace this one with an all wheel drive newer version but I just can't bear to part with this one so far. I keep clean oil I'm my beast and regular inspections and service by myself and that is all she needs. All cars are so tech heavy now that some problems will arrive with almost any car but I feel that these are some of the best out there, enjoy

Roc

Been here awhile...
My friends tell me that the 1st year Equus & Genesis had problems, but Hyundia quickly resolved them with in the year. We apparently drive and have different road conditions than Koreans.

Michael K Robinson

I have had mine since it had 92000 miles>It is @ 104000 miles>I really enjoy it>I had an alignment issue that would not come to specs>I was told to take to frame shop>they said nothing was wrong>the inspector did notice the rubber in the arm links to each wheel showed "cracking">replaced those for under $100 each(Moog tm) had realigned and wallah!>Perfect alignment!!

Ja'Cor

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
After my 2014 Genesis was totaled in April last year, I purchased a 2014 Equus in May. The Car was immaculate, 16,000+ miles. I LOVE this car but I have been having issues with it.
It started right after the first oil change, with it not starting. I ended up replacing the battery. A few days later, same issue, the car would not start. I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for a few days and it was good for about a month. In September same issue..this time they kept it for abut two weeks. I didn't have any other issues not until about February this year when the parking brake would not disengage. It kept giving messages to put on Seat Belts or to close doors. After about 15 minutes the Parking Brake light would go off.. This has happened about 4 times..

In early April the car would not start again. I took the car to the dealership and I was told it was something with the radio. They replaced the radio and the car is running well. HOWEVER, in late April the Radio, CD player and Navigation system stopped working...Total BLACK Screen... The radio is on Back order, so I have been with out a radio and GPS for about six weeks but the car is running. I also had to replace both back tires on 30 May because of the alignment...they were down to the thread. These tires were barely over a year old.

I never had these issues with my Genesis. I am a female and I am always on the road. The Car is nice to look at but I feel like I was sold a Lemon. The Car is barely over 30,000 miles.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.