Equus Versus Bentley...

TinaMN

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi,

This is Tina from Media Needle. Thought you guys might enjoy a recent YouTube video posted by Motor Trend comparing the 2011 Hyundai Equus with the 2011 Bentley Mulsanne. Why not a Hyundai vs a Bentley???

They're not so far apart, apparently...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphtJJxDnBQ"]YouTube - 2011 Hyundai Equus vs 2011 Bentley Mulsanne[/ame]

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thanks, Tina - but we are already discussing this video. Welcome!

imperial4ever

Getting familiar with the group...
One of the most ridiculous car comparisons I have seen. Comparing a $65K Equus to a $300K Bentley. The dude is surprised to see hard plastic on the upper door sills of the Equus. My 2010 Lexus has hard plastic on the upper door sills. If it is tastfully done it is not a problem. For $300K those guys look awfully cramped in the rear seat of the Bentley.

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
I always thought this video was a tongue in cheek view of the Equus and Bentley. Not to be taken serious.

Sorry guys. Give me a Bentley any day... LOL !

Spark7865

The fact that they have a car that can be compared to the such a prestigious luxury car is astonishing though they don't compete. Personally I don't like Bently but you can't deny the amount of luxury they pack into the car. For $70 thousand grand I get all those riches plus the best warranty in the business. Can't beat that.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis G70
Pretty sure I couldn't afford the insurance and taxes on a Bentley... so I'll keep my Hyundai for now.

douglasqualls

Both the Hyundai and the Bentley have their virtues. I don't know that I'd compare them. The license fees are higher on the Bentley. The insurance is n't that expensive (my policy charges more for the Genesis than the Continental GT, but not by a great amount). The maintenance costs are of certain greater on the Bentley. The Bentley is a great deal heavier (at 6100 lbs), and faster. The gas mileage is better on the Hyundai (highway average so far about 28 for the Hyundai, and about 18 for the Bentley). The leather upholstery in the Bentley Continental GT may not be as long wearing as in older model Bentley's which had Connolly leather. The leather upholstery in the Hyundai is quite soft and perforated. The Bentley Continental GT is n't $300K, but more like $190K new. (the Mulsanne is more expensive). The Genesis (I think) is a great value at $40K, and has many options found only in more expensive cars. I've never owned a Hyundai before, and I'm very happy with the Genesis.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis G90
Comparisons like this are mostly for fun, anyway. I don't believe that anyone seriously shopping for a car in the Bentley's class (assuming people like that shop in the way most of us do) would consider a Genny, and vice versa.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
The Bentley is clearly in a higher segment (would actually be compared against the Toyota Century which is a segment higher than the Lexus LS).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums